Posting time?

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I have noticed the time when I post, and then when I go to read new posts it sometimes says that I have posted on a post recently on that post when in fact it was awhile ago that I had even been there. For example in the Reputation post I posted at 5:23 and it now says it is a new post and I posted at 5:43! I have noticed this with a few other posts as well and was just wondering why this happens? And if anyone else has noticed this?

ADS

skaterbabs

No clue, but I found posts I haven't read will show read, but posts I have read will show as new.
Clearing out temporary internet files helps some.

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
i think what you are talking about is when if someone votes on the poll it will show up as not being read (bold) took me while to figure this out.

LuvBug

if it is on polls then what is happening is that if you are the last person to type a reply then you will be the name in that area. but each time someone replies to the poll(chooses an answer) it posts the time that they chose that answer in that area and bumps it back to new because it has a new poll answer.
Does that make any sense? lol!

Jewels

Senior Community Member
It isn't always in the voting threads that I have noticed this. It seems when I am lets say in the coffee break forum and I am looking at the whole page. If I look at a thread and look at the last time a post was made, it shows there has been a new post, lets just say the last post was made at 4:45 and if you click on it to read it it wasn't posted at 4:45 but at 4:15. So the time stated for the last post is different on the Coffee Break forum then it is on the post! So the posting time in the Coffee break forum page doesn't match the posting time in the thread and bumps it up as a new post but there is no new post. Does this make sense?

Jewels

Senior Community Member
if it is on polls then what is happening is that if you are the last person to type a reply then you will be the name in that area. but each time someone replies to the poll(chooses an answer) it posts the time that they chose that answer in that area and bumps it back to new because it has a new poll answer.
Does that make any sense? lol!

Yes that makes sense! Ok, I feel blonde :confused: I think it was one of those days! LOL :D

I was thinking they weren't always on a voting thread, but now that I think of it I think they were! LOL It first happend the other day on that 'would you shop at a full service carseat shop thread'! DUH!

Thanks for the help!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC