I saw the new Cybex Solution X-Fix in person today!

ChristyH

It's really nice!

They had it in Cinnamon which is a very nice chocolately color.

I wish I had some pictures but when I went to pull out my phone I realized I left it at home :eek: If anyone wants pictures or measurements I can go back later and take some. If I go back later too I can stick a few of my older kids in it and let you know how it fits them.

It's very cushiony, the bum area seems like it would be nice to sit in for a while. I love the feature in the headrest which allows for a slight recline which would be great for long trips. I wanted to play with the latch feature but the store's "car seat" didn't have latch bars on it.
It says that it should fit fits from 38" - 60" but when I tried my 2yr old out (just to see, she would never ride in it!) on the lowest adjustment she actually fit really well which is scary because she's tiny for her age.
Maybe it's just because I'm used to my DD2's Monterey but it didn't seem very wide either so it might be a nice option for smaller booster riders.

Again, if anyone wants pictures I'll be happy to go back I'm right down the road from the store.

I am very tempted to try my DS out in it and see if he fits better than his Vivo (which is a very good fit to begin with) just to have an excuse to buy it! :whistle:

ADS

ChristyH

go back! um, please. :eek:

Where did you see it?

Ok, I'll go back after I pick the kids up from school! lol

I saw it New Baby Products in Snellville, GA. I go by there like 1 a month to play with car seats because they have all of the seats you normally don't see in stores like the Oobr, all Radians, Recaros, and Cybex. I walked it and stopped in my tracks when I saw it and squealed, of course the ladies working there think I'm nuts! :D

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
LOL, what do you mean *if* we want pictures? :p

Seriously, thanks for even a snippet of a preview, I'm so excited :thumbsup:

MomToEliEm

Could you gather any of the measurements discussed in this post:
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=111512
If you can, please submit the data to the spreadsheet. You don't have to gather all the measurements, just what is feasible in the short amount of time you are there (maybe print the list of requested measurements so you have it handy).

emandbri

please, please, please put it on the tallest setting and try to figure out long long a child's torso would be and still fit. I know the shoulder guide is in the back just do the best you can. :D

ChristyH

please, please, please put it on the tallest setting and try to figure out long long a child's torso would be and still fit. I know the shoulder guide is in the back just do the best you can. :D

I have my measuring tape with me so I'll measure every angle I can, my oldest will be there so she can wrangle the youngest while I do it. :thumbsup:

I will say, it didn't seem to adjust as tall as I thought it would. Again, I'm coming from the Monterey that my DD2 rides in and that this is so tall that it makes everything else look short. lol

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Totally curious if it's as short as their numbers on Facebook imply. Love how they answered a comment and said it would fit a child longer than the Monteray, yet the Monteray is designed for kids up to 63" and the Cybex up to 60". :rolleyes:

crunchierthanthou

Totally curious if it's as short as their numbers on Facebook imply. Love how they answered a comment and said it would fit a child longer than the Monteray, yet the Monteray is designed for kids up to 63" and the Cybex up to 60". :rolleyes:

Oh, bonus if they have a Monterey there to do side by side. :D

ChristyH

Ok, I'm back!

Well, the normally leave me alone at this store but for some reason today they were hovering over me! I tried to take as many pictures as possible when she would leave to go help someone else. I also tried to get measurements but I didn't care if she was looking at me when I did that but I was in a hurry so I did the best I could.

First I'll post the measurements I have and then I'll do a post for just pictures.

Booster Seat Manufacturer - Cybex

Booster Seat Model Name - Solutions X-Fix

Lowest Belt Guide Height - This was harder to get because of the way the belt guides are positioned. Looks to be right at about 13"

Highest Belt Guide Height - This was harder to get because of the way the belt guides are positioned. From what I could measure it looks like it's right about 19"

Tallest Internal Seating Height - 29"

Tallest External Booster Seat Height - 33"

Internal Base Seating Depth - 12"

External Base Seating Depth - 14"

Internal Base Seating Width - 11"

External Base Seating Width - 17"

High back Portion, Maximum External Width - 18"

Weight with High Back installed - 15.4lbs (I couldn't weigh it at the store but this is the weight on their website)

Weight Range (high back mode) - 33 - 100lbs

Height Range (high back mode) - 38 - 60 inches

Age Range (high back mode) - 3yrs and up

LATCH Capable - Can use Latch, has a very cool latch feature

Expiration Limits - 7 yr expiration date

Seat Modes - Highback only
Other Information - 3 headrest positions, plus a recline.

User Name - ChristyH

ChristyH

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics!

Shortest adjustment

Highest adjustment

Side view

Seat depth

Headrest out

Headrest in

Cybex and Monterey side by side shortest

Cybex and Monterey side by side tallest (I couldn't get it all on my camera phone :eek:)

Jack (6yrs old 42lbs and 43" tall)

Sara (7yrs old 65lbs and about 55" tall)

ChristyH

Ok, here's what I thought.

Measurements are really close to the Vivo, Jack fits in it really well and he loves the headrest and that I can make it so his head can lean back. Only problem is that there is no way a child could do that while the car is moving because you have to lift up and back and it takes 2 hands. It is a nice feature though.
Sara didn't like it because she said she was squished and that her legs didn't fit. I don't like the seat depth, no way a kid with long legs is going to fit. And the width doesn't work well either for broader children.

Love the latch feature and the storage, VERY easy to use and to lock into place.

It's very sturdy at almost 16lbs and it feels solid. I really like the belt guides and they make for a nice fit but I do think they could have been a little taller.

Maedze

Obviously, it doesn't adjust as high as the Monterey or Oobr, but look at that great belt fit, both lap and shoulder!

Jennifer mom to my 7

Obviously, it doesn't adjust as high as the Monterey or Oobr, but look at that great belt fit, both lap and shoulder!

Yes, but ugh! My 3 year old would fit really well in it! He is 32+ pounds, 38? inches, and still rear facing in a radian (and would be just at the 3rd slot of a britax). My 4 year old would probably fit great now, but not later (I learned that with the parkway, and my bigger older dds). sigh.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I guess if it fits small kids really well, that's great for all the small, young kids in boosters too soon. Unfortunately, the small ones in boosters too soon are likely not going to be picking up a Cybex but rather whatever can be easily found at the local big box store.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
19" isn't going to get us very far w/ an almost 7yo w/ an 18" torso. Thanks for the pics, you're fabulous!

MomToEliEm

It isn't all that different from some other seats (Compass Booster - 19", Graco Turbo -19.25", Evenflo Big Kid - 19"). It isn't a great height (especially for a newly released seat) but not all bad. With it not turning into a backless, it probably should have been made bigger as most kids will outgrow this and not be ready for a seatbelt.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC