Question need help on 98 honda accord 4-d00r

tearthesky281

Hey guys i have 2 little girls one is 2 months old and the other is about a year and 2 months. I have been looking around and found a nice 98 honda accord 4 door with only 90 thousand miles. Im thinking of getting it but the only thing that is stopping me is that i cannot find the latches for the car seats. Does anyone know if they are under the seat or if they even have any? my 1 year old uses the big car seat that faces forward and i think that one requires 3 latches 1 on top and the other 2 on bottom. the other carseat for my 2 month old only requires 2 latches on each side so im trying to figure out where the heck those suckers are on that car. Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance!

ADS

Maedze

Welcome to c-s.org!

A 1998 vehicle does not have the LATCH system. You use the seatbelt to install seats. For a forward facing seat, you would need to have the top tether anchor retrofitted.

That being said, I strongly advise against your 14 month old being in a front facing child restraint. Although we used to say it was ok to turn forward facing at 1 year and 20 pounds, we now have better data and research and know that it isn't the safest thing to do.

We recommend children remain in rear facing convertibles after outgrowing an infant bucket, for several years.

My two and a half year old is rear facing in a convertible, and his four year old sister just turned forward facing a few months ago. :)

tearthesky281

Thanks for the advise man you guys are quick to respond here!!! Very helpful, so yeah i did not know that lol. Im starting to think twice now about getting this accord. I really think the latch is the safest way to roll with carseats. For some reason i just dont really trust the seatbelt as much as the latch.

Welcome to c-s.org!

A 1998 vehicle does not have the LATCH system. You use the seatbelt to install seats. For a forward facing seat, you would need to have the top tether anchor retrofitted.

That being said, I strongly advise against your 14 month old being in a front facing child restraint. Although we used to say it was ok to turn forward facing at 1 year and 20 pounds, we now have better data and research and know that it isn't the safest thing to do.

We recommend children remain in rear facing convertibles after outgrowing an infant bucket, for several years.

My two and a half year old is rear facing in a convertible, and his four year old sister just turned forward facing a few months ago. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC