ot:what brand washer and dryer do you have and why?

crystal vowell

I am trying to research washers and dryers.Do you guys recomend something?I have not set a budget yet until I know what is best to buy.

ADS

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
lol...mine are whirlpool...theyre okay... my mom just went through 4:eek: washer last week to figure out which one she wanted. she is very please with her newest...which is a front loader...but i am not sure which one it is...i know im great help...psh...:cool:

Jewels

Senior Community Member
We have a HOTPOINT washer and dryer. They are now 9yrs old and we really haven't had many problems. Just before Christmas the washer wouldn't spin and we had to have it fixed but that was only $40! My DH bought them before we were married, they were fairly inexpensive but have worked totally fine. I would love a front loading machine but can't justify spending that much money on a washer when my are perfectly fine :)

southpawboston

we have a bare-bones GE washer and dryer, nothing fancy. they have lasted many years, although they are not particularly energy efficient nor water-effecient.

but our next set will be made by miele (german), and the washer will be the front-loading kind. quiet, and efficient :), but expensive. :( and like jewels said above, can't justify such an expense when the current ones are working fine...

jamesmommy

I have Maytags, a top loading washer, and we splurged on the cabinet dryer, it's great for drying stroller and carseat covers :)

I love, love, love my dryer, but I think we got a lemon of a washer, we have had the folks out to work on it twice already, and it is not even 2 years old. Plus it squeaks alot, and that is with an average size load.

Amie

mominabigtruck

I got mine at a garage sale and hate them with a passion. I have been checking them out lately because I will be getting a new set this summer and I am getting the new kind that looks like the regular washer and dryer but the doors are see through and there is no agitator in the washer. According to the man at seats they actually hold more then the front loading kind and are just as energy efficient. They're expensive though, about $2500 for the set, I will probably get mind at sears and use my sears card to get 10% off.

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
I got mine at a garage sale and hate them with a passion. I have been checking them out lately because I will be getting a new set this summer and I am getting the new kind that looks like the regular washer and dryer but the doors are see through and there is no agitator in the washer. According to the man at seats they actually hold more then the front loading kind and are just as energy efficient. They're expensive though, about $2500 for the set, I will probably get mind at sears and use my sears card to get 10% off.

FWIW this wound like the first one my mom got...and she said it didnt clean very well...now she is obviously quite picky (4 washers later)...but I agreed. It didnt seem to hold more than the front loader she has now either.

mominabigtruck

FWIW this wound like the first one my mom got...and she said it didnt clean very well...now she is obviously quite picky (4 washers later)...but I agreed. It didnt seem to hold more than the front loader she has now either.

Well I just got excited when he told me I could wash 12 pairs of jeans at a time. My current washer I'm lucky if I get 6 pairs in. So with 2 kids and a husband that thinks he needs to roll in 5th wheel grease I spend a good amount of time just doing laundry.

scatterbunny

We have a Maytag Atlantis washer that I really like, but if I could go back and do it differently, I would have paid another $100 or so and got a front loader.

Our dryer is an OLD (probably 20 years old) secondhand Whirlpool, rusty on one side, but still working perfectly! We replaced the rollers about a year ago because it was screeching as it turned, now it's perfect again.

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
Well I just got excited when he told me I could wash 12 pairs of jeans at a time. My current washer I'm lucky if I get 6 pairs in. So with 2 kids and a husband that thinks he needs to roll in 5th wheel grease I spend a good amount of time just doing laundry.

lol...yea...a bigger washer wouldnt hurt me either. my husband sets up conventions and for whatever reason thinks his pants are a good place to wipe all the unexplained grime he gets on his hands. half the time he has no idea what it is.

scatterbunny

Yes, the bigger the better when it comes to washers and dryers! :D My Atlantis is a "super capacity plus", and it's alright, but a front loader would give even more room.

mominabigtruck

lol...yea...a bigger washer wouldnt hurt me either. my husband sets up conventions and for whatever reason thinks his pants are a good place to wipe all the unexplained grime he gets on his hands. half the time he has no idea what it is.

And don't you love it when he acts like its your fault when it won't come out?

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
And don't you love it when he acts like its your fault when it won't come out?

of course its my fault that i cant preform miracles... one time he even printed out a page of stain removal tips and taped it to the wall on in the laundry room...i just about crumbled it up and threw it at him...but instead i pointed out that his stains werent caused by grass or pen ink.

JaRylan

I have a fairly new set of something or other (they came with the place that I rent). I would love to have a front load washing machine someday - they use less detergent, less water and are gentler on clothes.

Lara

I have a maytag washer and drier. The washer is a front loader and I LOOOOVE it. Of course, I didn't have to pay for it. It came with the house because we are renting at the moment :D

remken

I have an amana washer that is at least 5 yrs. old that works ok and a kenmore elite dryer that I got last yr.

My parents have a washer and dryer set made by admiral wich is the same as maytag but comes with knobs instead of buttons. That have a few special features that still work great.

CrabbyBunchX3

ok I feel the need to reply here since I work at home depot as a vendor and appliances are one of my categories that I service.

If you are wanting to get the most for your money-which I'm sure you are- go for a Front Loader. They use the least amount of water-go ask an appliance associate the difference in water used per load(front loader vs top loader) and you'll be shocked!
Also, they spin at a much higher RPM which will get more water out of your clothes(compared to a top loader) and thus cutting your drying time significantly. You can wash a larger load and the clothes have the room to tumble and actually get cleaned by the water pulsating through them instead of being all jumbled around a center agitator.
With the Dryers, most now have a sensor dry and will only dry as long as the clothes are wet, saving you money.

Some points to consider... Where is the wadher/dryer pair going to be located? Main floor or second story?

Main floor is the most optimal location because with the high rpm's you would get a lot of vibration on a 2nd story install unless you have reinforced floors(2 brand I'm aware of make a pair that ARE suitable for 2nd story install-I'll get to them).

2nd story installs...
Maytag has a Newer line called the Epic series-this was made to be comparable to the Whirlpool brand(Whirlpool bought out maytag) [for Home Depot to have something to sell against Lowes Whirlpool line]
Anyway, they have a special suspension system(I have the details, but not all 100% memorized at the moment) with shock absorbers built in to reduce the vibrations you would experiance at a high spin speed on a 2nd floor(they spin at 1300 RPMS I believe)

GE makes a pair exclusive to The Home Depot called the Adora series which is also suitable for 2nd story installs. I'm not sure of the specifics on this pair though.

Have I said enough? Hope so, it's time to put the kids to bed lol
If you have more questions I can try to answer them for you. Just let me know

Morganthe

Our w/d set is a Westinghouse purchased in an urgent rush when we first moved back to the States in 1992. NO Laundromats in that small town at all!

Other than replacing the serpentine belt on the washer, (which I did and it was a pain!), they haven't given us any problems. We used them for 5 years -- then they were in storage for 7 years. I had a w/d tech check them out on the day they arrived a year ago to make sure all connections were tight and there was no dry rot. He thought they were in excellent condition all things considered.

I'd love a more energy efficient set, but these are what are completely paid for. And the Washer accepts very large loads with no trouble at all. When we move again, they'll definitely remain here as an added bonus in renting out this house :D

southpawboston

Brand wise I love Kenmore....

did you know that kenmore isn't just one mfr? kenmore washers can be made by whirlpool, GE, maytag, etc... sears contracts with all the major US mfrs to make models under the kenmore brand. this applies to all their major appliances: washer/dryers, stoves, refrigerators, etc... we have a kenmore stove and it's made by amana... go figure!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC