• Generations

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Young Sport

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

AtTheSouthDam

I am have researched, looked at opinions of others favorite seats, tried seats and I still can't decide. With DD1 it was so easy, she just needed something bigger DD2 isn't so much thin or scrawny as she just lacks a torso so really anything will work!

So what would get?

Vehicle, 2007 Ford Freestar, fitting all seating positions, including that evil 3rd row (I move seats as needed and I hated that the Regent fitted so poorly back there).

Child stats last year vs now (so you'll have some idea on growth)
Height 37"/39"
Weight 28#/ 31-33# fluctuates
Torso 12"/12.5"
Legs grew! She wore 24m and small 3t pants last year and needs long 4t/short 5t now.

Considerations:
Frontier 85
I haven't seen it in person but the 20" harness slots and 85# weight limit seem like over kill for DD2. Worried about install issues after the Regent.

Nautilus
Pushes her head forward and while it may get better when she becomes even with the 2nd slots she is only *just* over the bottom slots now so that could be quite a while.

Generations
Tried that at TRU today and I am not fond of the harness adjuster. DD2 didn't like it.

Radian
Not going to be using the RF feature, I don't need the LATCH limits or 45# RF limits of the SL. Not too excited about fabric options in the non XT version but this seat fits the van and child well. She has about 4.5" of harness room left.

Young sport
The 40# limit. If she stays on curve she'll hit that around 5.5y-6y. Good age to start booster training? If so then it can be moved to DH's car as a booster and the RN back to mine so she would still be harnessed primarily.

Other?

What would you get?
She has room in anything!

ADS

dmpmercury

What about a Evenflo Maestro? A 50 pound limit would work for her probably and the slots are just as high as the Nautilus. I would probably do a Maestro or a Nautilus.

AtTheSouthDam

What about a Evenflo Maestro? A 50 pound limit would work for her probably and the slots are just as high as the Nautilus. I would probably do a Maestro or a Nautilus.

Hmm.. I thought the Generations and Maestro had the same harness adjust system but they don't. That may be seat number three. I need to replace two my ride 65s. What I was thinking was the RN in DH's civic. Then I need something for my van and a non-radian for the back up seat (this is for grandparents and friend's cars since the Radian can be difficult to install.)

Kat_Momof3

I love how cushy the recaro seats are and with her smaller stature and size, I say enjoy it and get the Young sport...

it makes a fantastic booster after she outgrows the harness and I agree that the age she should hit that limit would be perfect for booster training.

AtTheSouthDam

100+ views and only 8 votes?! That is not much help in my indecision! :p

I think those who voted young sport are living vicariously through my LO, lol but now I am leaning that way. Too bad I can't get that lovely, beautiful blue that shows on google search. It is sooo purdy!!!

Mommy0608

I couldn't vote. :eek: It's such a personal decision at this point, since so many seats would fit her. Have you tried her in all the possible seats to see if she has a preference? I know you haven't seen the FR85, but have you tried her in the regular Frontier? It may be overkill like you said, but if she prefers it and you like it, why not? Better to have extra room than not enough. ;)

AtTheSouthDam

I couldn't vote. :eek: It's such a personal decision at this point, since so many seats would fit her. Have you tried her in all the possible seats to see if she has a preference? I know you haven't seen the FR85, but have you tried her in the regular Frontier? It may be overkill like you said, but if she prefers it and you like it, why not? Better to have extra room than not enough. ;)

I have tried her in the Generations, Nautilus, and Radian (obviously). She likes the Nauti because it is pink :rolleyes:

I need a store that has only GRAY seats to try with not pretty patterns that may sway her :p

And that is exactly why I came her :p I want to know what others would choose in my shoes. Not everyone get so choose one for a tiny. It seems more often then not it is "my child has out grown ___. What will last the longest?". I am confronted by too many choices :(

ETA: DH had to remind me. Her favorite seat that she simply will not stop talking about is the Kiddy Comfort Pro in Princess Lillifee.
[ame="http://www.amazon.de/Kiddy-Comfort-Pro-2010-Prinzessin/dp/B002S2E892"]Kiddy Comfort Pro 2010 - Limited Edition - Prinzessin Lillifee: Amazon.de: Baby[/ame]

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I agree the maestro, despite it's lack of pink cover, would probably suit your needs quite well.
I'm also going to throw out an unpopular choice. A 50-lb AOE They've been on sale lately a lot, i think certain (pink!)covers are getting discontinued. It has nice tall top slots (about 17.5) and a 50 lb weight limit, and they are nice and comfy, and easy to adjust, and the straps are thick and non-twisty, comparatively, it sits fairly upright, but with some recline, installs FFing pretty easily just about everywhere.
There are some BRU coupons around, if you could get 15-20% off, it's pretty cheap.
Sara
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3697398
Brianna
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Safety-1st-Alpha-Omega-Elite-Convertible-Car-Seat-Brianna/13373501

Mommy2Marcus

I voted for the Nautilus. Marcus is a little under the 2nd slots for now. He does have some headslump, but after riding in it for awhile & getting used to it he has now gained the ability to sleep with his head mostly upright. I also like how well it fits him to. He also has more than enough room to sit cross legged in it.

Another thing to consider is how often does she sleep in the car? If she sleeps alot, then I may look into something besides the Nautilus. However if she rarely sleeps, then the head slump might not be to terrible to deal with. KWIM?

Another seat you might consider is the EFTA. Marcus has TONS of room left in his. He also sleeps great in it FF. Easy to install to with a little recline. I think this is the seat we're taking for Marcus to ride in to FL in June. He sleeps SO good in this seat with pretty much NO head slump at all. It has 17.5 inch top slots with a 50lb limit.

Good Luck! I agonized for DAYS when I got the Nautilus!

Kat_Momof3

heck yes I'm living vicariously!!

make no mistake about it... if I didn't breed them tall and all hitting 40lbs at or before age 4... I would have had Ruthie in a Recaro young sport when she didn't fit the regent well... instead of going to a Radian (much as I did like that seat)... she's so slim and skinny it would have been great... but she hit 40lbs before she was 4... of course, she is still going up and down between 46-48lbs at age 6, but again, she's a slim jim.

while I wasn't as definite about lusting for one back then, I am now... because I've experienced the incredible padding and super soft covers... I've seen how sturdy even their booster is (the vivo) and I know without a doubt now why people just LOVE the young sport and why they wanted to (and some really do) love the como/signo... because it is just a really comfy comfy ride.

the maestro is probably more practical... sure... because of price... but I still vote young sport like I did before.

BabyKaykes

Because she'll fit in anything, I'd probably be willing to go for the seat she likes the best - the pink Nauti, has she seen the purple? However, as far as combo seats go, I'd get the Young Sport, since it makes such a great booster, and I wouldn't worry much about the weight limit.

I might actually be tempted to get a Scenera....:whistle:

firemomof3

I've had or have all those seats and my vote is for a Radian. I liked my Young Sport, its a really nice seat :love: But I just feel that the Radian is a better seat; safer, more comfortable & better made :twocents:

AtTheSouthDam

I did it. I ordered the young sport. In charcoal. I really hope I like it. DH didn't go for my idea of buying one of each :p If I don't I'll just make him put it in his car. Won't charcoal on a tan interior look just awful :p

Oh, and the really hard part. Not using it yet :D :p

Kat_Momof3

oh, you'll love it.

fyrfightermom up there and her E are one reason I just immediately without a thought in my mind recommended it (because I'm reminded by how well her littles have fit in it)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC