DD#5 freaked out about FFing...

Mom2FiveGirls

This morning DD#5 spilled juice all in her MR, so I took it out to wash it. Well the cover was still too wet when it was time to get ready to go...which normally wouldn't have been a problem because we have an AOE that she still fits in, but a friend of mine is borrowing it (she was in a wreck and doesn't have the money to buy a new seat, so she's borrowing it until she gets a check from the insurance company). The only extra seat I have here is a nbb. So I kept DD#1 in the nbb she's always in now (passenger side second row), put DD#2 in the extra nbb (drivers side second row), and put DD#5 in DD#4's nautilus in the center of the second row. Then I put the straps back in DD#3's nautilus (she's been using it as a hbb for the past couple weeks) and put DD#4 in that, and then let DD#3 use DD#2's TB. Whew...not ideal, but it worked and it was just a short trip (to pick the big girls up from school...2 miles each way).

Well DD#5 FREAKED when I tried to put her in the nautilus. I mean screaming, arching her back, freaking out. I took her out of the truck and calmed her down and asked what was wrong. She said "I want mine seat back! Frontwards is not safe for me! Backwards seat keeps me safe!" When DD#4 moved back to the nautilus (and back FFing) several weeks ago, Ella started asking to be "frontwards" too and saying she didn't like her backwards seat. So we started talking about how much safer she was in a backwards seat how much more comfortable it was, etc. Even Lilly would tell her that she wished she could still be backwards. Apparently we were a little over-enthusiastic about it though... I finally convinced her that she would still be safe in the nautilus and that it was just for today and I'd put her seat back in as soon as the cover was dry. She let me buckle her in without a fight but the whole trip she kept saying "I don't wike dis seat!". I hope its not such a fight when she HAS to move FFing (which likely won't be for another year or more...she's got plenty of room in the MR).

ADS

AtTheSouthDam

I had the panic attack with DD2 before. And I mostly just joking when I put her seat FF. Since she is nearing four I decided it was time to get over that fear so when the weather was nice and it was a super short trip I turned her. She did well. She went back to RF but a week later rode with a friend, FF. Back to RF for a few days and started asking to turn around. She sat FF today while we ran around doing errands but I will be switching her seat around before we go out again as we are under winter storm warning again :rolleyes: Anyway, the point to this is she is young, she has tmne to out row it and she hopefully will before she has to go FF. :D

nevaehsmommy

I had turned Nevaeh FFing at 11 months. At 15 months I turned her back again. Anyway I HAD to turn her FFing one day as I could not get a good install ( just one of those days) I went to put her in and she started screaming so loud *not right not right, no no no* that the fire men from across the street came running. They thought i was stealing her.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC