Width of Nauti vs Marathon

yoopers

Will a Marathon be more narrow than a Nauti?

Can you puzzle fit a rf Roundabout and a ff Marathon?

Thank you,
Sarah

ADS

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
What car are you working with? What are the ages and weights of the children? Do you already own any of these seats or are you looking to purchase something new?

Depending on the car, different seats can puzzle well. I think the Nautilus is wider than the Marathon (?), but it just sort of depends which part of the seat hits another seat or how something fits in the car.

yoopers

We have a 05 Chevy Malibu Maxx.

My 4 year old just outgrew a roundabout. I think his height is 39 or 40 inches and he weights 37 lbs. For the moment, we moved his backup Nauti into our main car. I am not terribly happy with the width of it because now I can't sit between the carseats in the backseat. Which is only needed on occasional long distance car trips, but it made it so much better.

My 2 year old is rf in a roundabout. She only weighs 23 lbs, so she is good until Dec. 2010 when the seat expires. I just ordered a pink Marathon primarily to use come Dec. but if I find a gn car seat cover my son could use it for the meantime. Or maybe he will like pink?

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
Radians are really narrow; they do tend to work well in 3 across situations or 2 car seats + an adult scenarios. The Complete Air is also fairly narrow. Both the Radians and the Complete Air are great for extended rear-facing because of the 40 or 45 pound rear-facing limits, and I hear that they tend to make good forward-facing seats as well.

Another seat you might want to look at for your son is the Evenflo Maestro, especially if you won't be using the RF option of a convertible (though I know you could always pass them down to your daughter). It's a combination seat (harness to highback booster). It's narrower than the Nautilus, so it might give you more room. It harness to 50 pounds, with 18" top slots, then becomes a booster. The booster won't last as long as a Nautilus in booster mode, so you'll need another booster later. It costs about $80 at Sears and a few other stores.

I have a 2008 Malibu, so after the redesign; I don't think it compares to the back of a 2005 Malibu Maxx so I can't offer any specific recommendations for your car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC