What's for dinner at your house?

ADS

southpawboston

we're meat eaters, but make a lot of vegetarian dishes because they're easy and quick. tonight we're having curried chick peas on rice. super easy to make, and healthy!

JaRylan

I don't have any ideas other than if I go to the basement I should grab hamburger...and that's as far as I get, lol.

ROFLMBO at your signature. I'm so glad people are well informed.

crystal vowell

Chicken and rice with cream of chicken soup.Yesterday I made beef vegetable soup.This is really good if you like veggies.I got the idea from Souper Salad.Btw you can omit the cabbage if you don't like it.

Ground beef
mixed veggies
cabbage
tomato sauce
beef broth

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Thank you! I love my new siggy. :D

I have lots of chicken breasts... they had it on sale at .90 lb, normally 1.90 lb, so we got tons. 1st thing that comes to mind is parmesen chicken, but we have that all the time. Need something different!

crystal vowell

Thank you! I love my new siggy. :D

I have lots of chicken breasts... they had it on sale at .90 lb, normally 1.90 lb, so we got tons. 1st thing that comes to mind is parmesen chicken, but we have that all the time. Need something different!

JMO I love tomato sauce so I would make chicken and spanish rice.

Michi

Pigs in a blanket - LOL! (...using turkey hot dogs)

My other menu plans this week are tater-tot casserole, wagon wheel chili, and homemade pizza

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Chinese food...delivered.....
But our usual dinners are like baked italian sausage or pork chops or chicken breast, some kind of steamed veggie, and some sort of noodly stuff or rice... I don't really 'do' recipes lately (don't really like to cook...fortunately DH doesn't mind... :) )

canadianmom2three

My newest chicken breast recipe - actually care of Kraft Kitchens

chicken breasts (1 each)
veggies - we use coloured peppers, eggplant, mushrooms, zuchinni etc
Kraft dressing - italian, or greek with feta are my fave's
salsa or tomato sauce
mozerella cheese

Put the chicken breasts in a large baking dish so they have lots of room in between. Put your choice of veggies all around the chicken. Pour dressing generously over all. Bake till chicken is done. Add salsa or tom. sauce on top of each chicken piece, sprinkle some cheese on and return to oven to just melt cheese.

This is nice, because the kids can just have a plain breast if they like, and can pick and choose out of the veggies, while DH and I like all the veggies and the sauce and cheese on our chicken - everyone is happy and its super easy:p

Also for chicken - Chicken and rice with mushroom soup - very easy too, just cook rice, mix with soup and milk, pour over chicken and bake. Sometimes top with a little bread crumbs and cheese, or just plain too - easy and yummy

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I was hoping to find some ideas here! I was thinking maybe taco salad!? DH just called and said he would make pancakes, I thought me not having to cook sounded good and that pancakes were a great idea :)

skipspin

We have "breakfast" for dinner once or twice a month and it's really nice. Usually DH makes the meat too.

I think we are having meatloaf for dinner tonight. DD has been asking for it for two days and since I'm still recovering from the affects of a nasty stomach virus nothing sounds good to me I might as well make something that she wants. I'm sure we'll have some veggies and either potato or pasta with it, but I really don't care. At lease when nothing sounds good I have someone to suggest something other than frozen pizza. (DH loves it, gag me!) It's not the healthiest, but since I've eaten almost nothing in the last three days I'm not too worried.

I have a bunch of meals I made in the freezer (Manicotti, Chicken cassarole, etc) but none of them really sound good.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Last night was homemade beef stroganoff w/salad and garlic bread. Tonight is lemon/garlic chicken w/rice and a veggie.

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
Meatloaf and mashed potatos, I don't like it, but my "men" do. I will probably have stir fried vegatables.

i wish my DH would eat potatos. i love them...he hates them. we usually end up with rice or some kind of pasta.

canadianmom2three

DH cooked tonight - very strange combo of mashed potatoes, kraft dinner, chicken fingers and hot dogs. There was a bowl of ripped up lettuce too, that he called salad;) Very odd.....

gwenvet

Wow, chicken parmesan is popular and that is what is in our oven now too! With sauteed zucchini and herbs.
Let's start a recipe exchange!!!! I'm always looking for something good, especially a really good crockpot recipe. I have one that I will post when dinner is not about to burn...Gotta go!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC