TF Rebound availability

hel

Tell us which BRU you shop at and we will tell you if they carry it or not ;)

My BRU just got both True Fits today. They are both pretty nice, and the rebound bar is pretty slick.
How long from when they come in the receiving door to when they hit the floor (generally speaking)?

I'm trying really hard not to haunt the local BRU so that I can see it up close and personal.

ADS

catchthewind

If you can wait until tomorrow evening, I can tell you then! I will check the computer at work. Hopefully I remember!

Victoria ... not in my region, so I don't know 100%, but they *might* be a BRU side-by-side.

Thank you! I can definitely wait, I appreciate it. I don't think it's a side-by-side as there is no separate entrance, though the BRU section has it's own service desk I believe.

April

Just wanted to say congrats on your DD Lindsay! She looks really cute. I hope your seat setup is working okay while you wait for the TFP. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
How long from when they come in the receiving door to when they hit the floor (generally speaking)?

I'm trying really hard not to haunt the local BRU so that I can see it up close and personal.

Less than 24hrs. There's a company slogan/goal "door to floor in 24" ;)

And yes, they can tell you if it's coming if you call. Grab the SKN off the description on the website, and then call and ask the person to check if they have something in stock. Give them the SKN and they'll look it up in the computer. :thumbsup:

techie

It also depends on the store, too. In my case, my girls usually leave the new stuff for me to put out (unless I am gone for a few days, or they have everything else done and need something to do). Luckily, I was in today after it came in, and had time to get them all out.

hel

And yes, they can tell you if it's coming if you call. Grab the SKN off the description on the website, and then call and ask the person to check if they have something in stock. Give them the SKN and they'll look it up in the computer. :thumbsup:

It also depends on the store, too. In my case, my girls usually leave the new stuff for me to put out (unless I am gone for a few days, or they have everything else done and need something to do). Luckily, I was in today after it came in, and had time to get them all out.

Keen. Thanks, ladies. I figured there might be some variation between stores, but it's good to know about the general d2f24 thing.

I still have time (I'd say DD has about 2 inches left in her bucket), so I'm hoping that I'll have a choice between the Retro Geo and the Bionic Splash if I end up with the TF. But I still want to check it out!

geekKT

Checked my BRU this morning (North Edmonton, side-by-side). They have the regular TF in Urban Life, and are supposed to be getting 8 TF Rebounds on the next shipment, but she didn't know what day they would come.

Guess I'll keep stalking them, baby needs to stay put long enough for me to get his carseat.

catchthewind

Just wanted to say congrats on your DD Lindsay! She looks really cute. I hope your seat setup is working okay while you wait for the TFP. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

Thank you April! We got everything in okay. I'm glad we knew about some of the little quirks of the Evenflo though. I won't miss it, that's for sure. Hopefully the TF will be a pretty straightforward install, but if we have problems we may be in Langley again at the beginning of May on our way through to Calgary. ;)

techie

Thank you! I can definitely wait, I appreciate it. I don't think it's a side-by-side as there is no separate entrance, though the BRU section has it's own service desk I believe.

I checked today, and you are out of luck: Victoria and Nanaimo (is that how to you spell it?!) won't be carrying the rebound TF. Sorry! Three stores in Vancouver will, tho.

catchthewind

I checked today, and you are out of luck: Victoria and Nanaimo (is that how to you spell it?!) won't be carrying the rebound TF. Sorry! Three stores in Vancouver will, tho.

Darn, thank you for checking though. I was hoping to see both covers in person but I guess I'll just hope TJ's gets it before we go. Otherwise, we'll be going through Vancouver in May so I might just have to wait until then. Thanks again! Exciting that it's starting to show up in a few stores at least. Do you happen to remember if any of the stores in Vancouver that will be carrying it are in Burnaby or Langley?

techie

Darn, thank you for checking though. I was hoping to see both covers in person but I guess I'll just hope TJ's gets it before we go. Otherwise, we'll be going through Vancouver in May so I might just have to wait until then. Thanks again! Exciting that it's starting to show up in a few stores at least. Do you happen to remember if any of the stores in Vancouver that will be carrying it are in Burnaby or Langley?

They were Vancouver and Coquitlam for sure. Possibly Langley.

April

Ooh, yes, PLEASE bring it by so I can play!:love:

simplychels

If anybody is able to, I'd love to know when the TFP makes its arrival at the Cross Iron Mills BRU. I'll be in Calgary/Airdrie the 2nd week of april and am hoping to pick one up then, ya know if they have arrived.

techie

If anybody is able to, I'd love to know when the TFP makes its arrival at the Cross Iron Mills BRU. I'll be in Calgary/Airdrie the 2nd week of april and am hoping to pick one up then, ya know if they have arrived.

If they don't have them already, they should have them next week at least.

mygems

Would love to know when/if Toys R Us Regent in Winnipeg will get it as well as TRU in Regina, SK and Saskatoon, SK.

I really wish there was a girly cover but I love everything else about the seat so it's the one we've settled on.

techie

Would love to know when/if Toys R Us Regent in Winnipeg will get it as well as TRU in Regina, SK and Saskatoon, SK.

I really wish there was a girly cover but I love everything else about the seat so it's the one we've settled on.

I believe one of the Winnipeg stores is a side-by-side, and should carry it.

Regina does not carry it. Saskatoon does :thumbsup:;)

snowbird25ca

Checked my BRU this morning (North Edmonton, side-by-side). They have the regular TF in Urban Life, and are supposed to be getting 8 TF Rebounds on the next shipment, but she didn't know what day they would come.

Guess I'll keep stalking them, baby needs to stay put long enough for me to get his carseat.

West Edmonton has it in stock. I got to install one for a fit-test in a customer's vehicle last night and they bought one.

The adjuster is a million times easier to access, and I love the anti-rebound foot.

The covers are nice on both covers, and the regular TF is the model that has the angle indicator on the front of it now, so will mean no more guessing at the line on the side. ;)

Both seats have UAS storage on the outside of the seat. I didn't have time to read the manuals, I believe they switched the side that the lock-off closes on, and the display one seemed to be a little stiff - but it may have also been because I didn't change where the UAS belt was routed and just moved it out of the way of the lock-off. (Not like it mattered for a test install.) ;)

geekKT

Maybe I will take a little trip to the west side today :thumbsup: Then I can come home and play carseat install.

ETA: Called the north one again and they had it, though it wasn't out on the floor yet when I got there. Now it's sitting in a box in my living room. DOM 2010/1/11 :)

Last edited:

catchthewind

Anyone know how long it generally takes if I were to order it online? I called our Toys R Us and they said special order could take up to 8 weeks to get here. Wondering if I ordered it directly online if it would be faster or not?

snowbird25ca

Anyone know how long it generally takes if I were to order it online? I called our Toys R Us and they said special order could take up to 8 weeks to get here. Wondering if I ordered it directly online if it would be faster or not?

Yes, usually less than 10 days if you order online.

Your store is also either in the boon docks and doesn't get shipments regularly, or else very conservative in what they tell people for special orders. Things that are in stock in the warehouse generally take under 4 weeks to come in. The official info in the special order book is 4 to 6 weeks, but at one time it said 2 to 3 weeks for some things and 4 to 6 weeks for others. Basically once the special order is processed, it gets labeled and packaged to go on the next truck to the store. Once on the truck it takes 2 to 3 weeks to arrive. However if your store doesn't get shipments as often or something, I could see it taking longer. But I can't imagine a store going 2 months between shipments...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC