TF Rebound availability

U

Unregistered

West Edmonton has it in stock. I got to install one for a fit-test in a customer's vehicle last night and they bought one.

The adjuster is a million times easier to access, and I love the anti-rebound foot.

The covers are nice on both covers, and the regular TF is the model that has the angle indicator on the front of it now, so will mean no more guessing at the line on the side. ;)

Both seats have UAS storage on the outside of the seat. I didn't have time to read the manuals, I believe they switched the side that the lock-off closes on, and the display one seemed to be a little stiff - but it may have also been because I didn't change where the UAS belt was routed and just moved it out of the way of the lock-off. (Not like it mattered for a test install.) ;)

Woohoo
I need one and I'm in St. Albert.
I assumed they wouldn't have them yet since they don't have them on the website. Are they the price listed on the website?

ADS

April

West Edmonton has it in stock. I got to install one for a fit-test in a customer's vehicle last night and they bought one.

The adjuster is a million times easier to access, and I love the anti-rebound foot.

The covers are nice on both covers, and the regular TF is the model that has the angle indicator on the front of it now, so will mean no more guessing at the line on the side. ;)

Both seats have UAS storage on the outside of the seat. I didn't have time to read the manuals, I believe they switched the side that the lock-off closes on, and the display one seemed to be a little stiff - but it may have also been because I didn't change where the UAS belt was routed and just moved it out of the way of the lock-off. (Not like it mattered for a test install.) ;)

Does the regular TF now have an easier to access harness adjuster? The Zellers one (well the outside of the box) and the picture of the regular "new" BRU one in the Baby Catalog looks like it might be.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Does the regular TF now have an easier to access harness adjuster? The Zellers one (well the outside of the box) and the picture of the regular "new" BRU one in the Baby Catalog looks like it might be.

I'm not sure, I haven't actually had the new one with the angle indicator out in a car yet. I'll let you know when I see it. Though hard to know exactly when that will be. I suspect we're only a few weeks away from being sold out unless more ships in to the store before then, and not everyone tries seats in their car before buying.

U

Unregistered

Does anyone else carry the TFP? Also, is it expected to be on sale soon? I would like to get it for my baby, but it's more than what I'd like to spend. Especialy since the TF is on sale for $149 now.

Thanks.

catchthewind

Anyone know if the Bionic Splash one is out anywhere at all yet? Preferably in Vancouver, but anywhere between Vancouver Island and Calgary would work. ;) (We just wouldn't be able to get April to check our install for us if it wasn't in Vancouver.) Looking at both covers I really prefer the plushiness of the Bionic Splash (just judging from photos), but we have to give our infant bucket back at the beginning of May so I may not end up with a choice. If I bought a cranberry cover from the US, can I use it on the Canadian one? I emailed Learning Curve and asked and all she said is that they won't ship US stock to Canada and vice versa, but didn't answer about if it was okay if I obtained it from elsewhere.

canadiangie

Anyone know if the Bionic Splash one is out anywhere at all yet? Preferably in Vancouver, but anywhere between Vancouver Island and Calgary would work. ;) (We just wouldn't be able to get April to check our install for us if it wasn't in Vancouver.) Looking at both covers I really prefer the plushiness of the Bionic Splash (just judging from photos), but we have to give our infant bucket back at the beginning of May so I may not end up with a choice. If I bought a cranberry cover from the US, can I use it on the Canadian one? I emailed Learning Curve and asked and all she said is that they won't ship US stock to Canada and vice versa, but didn't answer about if it was okay if I obtained it from elsewhere.

Echildren Calgary stocks Bionic Splash. It's kind of a neato cover and very plush. The corduroy down the middle is very soft and 'fluffy'. The teal polkadots are really unique. Good for either gender.

Using a US cover in Canada is grey area. US covers lack french wording on the airbag warning label, and specifically with the TF where the infant insert lists a maximum weight, the US version lists in pounds, whereas Canada lists in kilograms.

Some of us :whistle: are fine using US covers, others are not...

hel

I saw the Retro Rebound in BRU Oakville today. $269.99
And I saw it in the Mississauga BRU just off the 401 at Winston Churchill. It's still, however, not in at the Kitchener store.

I've been asking at the local (Waterloo-Wellington) specialty stores, hoping for the Bionic Splash, and they either only carry SK and Britax (ask me if I'm ever going into a store again where the sales woman tried to pressure me into putting down a deposit on a Radian after I specified that I had a few seat candidates in mind, and without trying it in my car first, because "Flora is really back-ordered, and it's first-come, first-served if you don't pre-order") or carry the TF but the staff says they won't be carrying the TFP. At this point, I'm pinning all my hopes on Zellers.

I have to say, car seat marketing confuses me; most other products get a lot more marketing, and manufacturers and retailers really want you to know where you can buy a given product. Car seat manufacturers and retailers really don't seem to care that much about letting regular consumers know when and where their new products will be available.

catchthewind

Echildren Calgary stocks Bionic Splash. It's kind of a neato cover and very plush. The corduroy down the middle is very soft and 'fluffy'. The teal polkadots are really unique. Good for either gender.

Using a US cover in Canada is grey area. US covers lack french wording on the airbag warning label, and specifically with the TF where the infant insert lists a maximum weight, the US version lists in pounds, whereas Canada lists in kilograms.

Some of us :whistle: are fine using US covers, others are not...

Thank you so much! That's great to know, and seems like it might be our best bet right now, even though it means we'd have to figure out the install ourselves. We're pretty handy though so it shouldn't be too bad. I called TJ's here and their shipments have been delayed to May or June, and the eChildren location in Vancouver (West Coast Kids) told me they don't carry it at all.

Good to know about the covers too. I'd rather just get a cover from the get-go I'm happy with, but nice to know US covers aren't completely frowned upon if we do change our minds about it later.

catchthewind

I have to say, car seat marketing confuses me; most other products get a lot more marketing, and manufacturers and retailers really want you to know where you can buy a given product. Car seat manufacturers and retailers really don't seem to care that much about letting regular consumers know when and where their new products will be available.

I have to agree with this. TJ's has been helpful, but anywhere else I call doesn't seem to have any idea what is coming, when it might be coming, or even (in some cases) if they carry it in the first place. It doesn't make a lot of sense for such a big ticket item, and one that pretty much every parent will buy at least one of. You'd think the manufacturers would make sure to get the word out there. I've noticed even the manufacturer's websites sometimes have a section of who carries our product, and it's often wrong. (Either Sunshine Kids or First Years says that our Walmart carries their seats, but it doesn't. The same site (can't remember which brand it is) also doesn't list TJ's which does carry them. Odd, you'd think they'd want that to be accurate.)

ETA: It's the First Years site, and it also lists US stores in it's online ones (on the Canadian version of the site) as places I can get a car seat from. Very confusing. Sunshine Kids isn't very accurate either though and is missing some stores and lists other stores that don't carry their seats. :confused:

April

Thank you so much! That's great to know, and seems like it might be our best bet right now, even though it means we'd have to figure out the install ourselves. We're pretty handy though so it shouldn't be too bad. I called TJ's here and their shipments have been delayed to May or June, and the eChildren location in Vancouver (West Coast Kids) told me they don't carry it at all.

Good to know about the covers too. I'd rather just get a cover from the get-go I'm happy with, but nice to know US covers aren't completely frowned upon if we do change our minds about it later.

Lindsay you might try calling E-Children in Calgary and seeing if they will ship it to West Coast Kids in Richmond for you to pick up. I'm sure they must transfer stock between locations all the time so I don't see why they wouldn't. Its worth a shot anyways. (I may secretly be hoping that you get the seat in time for me to see you on the 30th so I can get a peek at your little one! :love: )

catchthewind

Lindsay you might try calling E-Children in Calgary and seeing if they will ship it to West Coast Kids in Richmond for you to pick up. I'm sure they must transfer stock between locations all the time so I don't see why they wouldn't. Its worth a shot anyways. (I may secretly be hoping that you get the seat in time for me to see you on the 30th so I can get a peek at your little one! :love: )

Oh good idea, I'll try that! And we want to see you anyway because I'm still not very confident about our Radian install. (I know it's in tight and safe, it's just the angle and the seat bracing we're wondering about.)

catchthewind

I almost don't want to post this in case 8 people run out between now and Thursday, but since I doubt that will happen here it is. :p Westcoast Kids in Vancouver just got some True Fit Rebounds yesterday. They have 8 of them in stock right now in the Bionic Splash cover. I'll be picking one up Thursday afternoon, as long as she fits in it. (They wouldn't hold one without a deposit and I'd like to try her in it first as I've heard some babies are too narrow for the straps, and my babies are definitely long and narrow.)

April

I almost don't want to post this in case 8 people run out between now and Thursday, but since I doubt that will happen here it is. :p Westcoast Kids in Vancouver just got some True Fit Rebounds yesterday. They have 8 of them in stock right now in the Bionic Splash cover. I'll be picking one up Thursday afternoon, as long as she fits in it. (They wouldn't hold one without a deposit and I'd like to try her in it first as I've heard some babies are too narrow for the straps, and my babies are definitely long and narrow.)

Woot!!!:love::D

So happy for you!

Neatfreak

I'm curious (and admittedly spoiled by a pretty cover for our Marathon) - does anyone know if Learning Curve will ship replacement covers to Canada?

catchthewind

I emailed them to ask the same thing. They will ship replacement covers within Canada only. They won't ship US covers here and she was pretty vague about whether it was okay to use a US cover on a Canadian TF (though I've read here they fit, but it's up to parental discretion whether to actually do so or not). The Bionic Splash one is kind of cute, though admittedly not as "pretty" as the Radian or Marathon ones. It's soft though, I quite like it. Would still love to get a cranberry one or another one if they come out with any more girly covers in the future if we can afford it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC