Another swing and a miss (Combi marketing)

crunchierthanthou

I was kind of hesitant to post this because I do like Combi and don't want it to seem like I'm picking on them. They linked to their 2010 catalog on Facebook last week. I'm their fan (really, truly. big puffy pink hearts and all that stuff), so I opened it up and scrolled through. Here's how it went-

"first up, strollers.
their fold is unique. I should go to USABaby to play with one.
oooh, I like that Jade pattern.
The flash EX... I really love the Shuttle 33.
and there's the Coccoro Flash. oh! is that silver/gray on the second one? I really don't care for the beige...
and there's the Coccoro. looks like they have it ff, I don't see the tether though (page 12-13)."

now, this was a couple days after the Coccoro video thread, so I looked at the size of the model next.

"She might not be two, but could be 33 lbs- she's over a year for sure and there's no insert so that's good. but hang on. what's this? it really looks like the harness is below her shoulders. maybe it's the angle of this photo and better on the next page. nope. definitely below. :( "

so age and tether use aside (because they're both okay, even if we'd like to see something else), it is still showing misuse with the harness height.

I poked around their facebook albums and saw that they had most of the ones from the catalog posted. It looks like a few fans (posters from here, if I'm not mistaken) commented on the misuse and they still published it without fixing it. :thumbsdown: Their response also says she's only 15 months and 23 lbs...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3292328&id=187940289550&fbid=324742119550

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3292341&id=187940289550

ADS

Crystal.

CPS Technician
Combi is really driving me crazy with all this misuse. I can't believe they would still publish the pictures in their catalog, after people said something about it.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
And I hesitate to respond, because I "big puffy pink heart" them too, but yeah...

I mean, I completely understand why they published the photos. The catalog had probably been in the works for months, and once it goes to print, there's nothing you can do without a lot of extra time and money.

It sure would have been nice for them to catch that on their own beforehand, though. As I said on the other thread, there's usually a huge disconnect between the marketing people and the technical people. Hopefully the 2011 catalog will have better photos.

At least the infant insert wasn't being used FF...

Combi needs to hire me. I used to work in marketing/PR. I'll just handle it all. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC