Question Any body heard about this C.R. company?

ADS

crunchierthanthou

Re: Any body heard abojut this C.R. company?

huh. That's new to me. Thumbs up on their general guidelines column.

eta: I showed it to dh, "so, you're sitting on spiderman's lap?" :ROTFLMAO:

LuvMyCharlie

Those look neat and all, but...

I'm sorry. The ahem...cupholders...just make me think dirty thoughts.

steph_s

I should not have opened this thread with the kids in the room! They want them!

I think sitting on spiderman's lap and the pp's comment of the hands making you think dirty thoughts makes me feel dirty about wanting to put my kids in it, but man they REALLY like them!

I do like some of their guidelines on the side of the page. The one about having kids rear facing as long as possible is good. Too bad they had to add that a 1yo could be ff.

crunchierthanthou

reading the manual-

It's pretty well written - detailed, yet clear and straightforward.
The seat is certified for use in aircraft (harness mode only, obviously).
It can use LATCH in booster mode.
"use a thin mat, blanket or towel" to protect vehicle seat. bah.

based on some of the diagrams, I'd guess it's written by the same 3rd party who did the Coccoro and Mia Moda ones.

back to the seat - do those headwings look really narrow to anyone else?

tiggercat

That is really neat. Their website is pretty good too. Interesting stuff in their safety features section.

o_mom

Wasn't able to find much about the company. They hold a patent on 'human form' car seats and are privately held/venture capital funded, based in LA.

menfusse

Crap. I opened this in front of E. Now all I'm going to hear for weeks is how she wants the spiderman seat.

Did I miss the price? Or are they not actually available yet?

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants

I'm not terribly fond of them, and the grid lines on Spidey might be skewing my perspective, but they look like they have decent harness height and might actually position the belts properly on a child.

Pingbns

I saw it on ebay and then was linked to the website, I've just thought the idea was neat since it is geared to boys mostly and they hardly get anything but gray and green or black:p

Spam

under the faqs it has

Where do I purchase the car seat?

KIDSEmbrace™ products are available for purchase online and at retail stores.

I did a quick google and i'm not finding them anywhere. i wonder what the price point is on these? I think it looks kind of cool.

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador

Uh oh, I have a little 2.5 year old chanting "I want a 'Fiderman' car seat" over and over again in the room with me.

I wonder if they've been working to design these seats for several years. I noticed that they said that most seats only have harnesses that go to 40 pounds, but I think that hasn't been the case for at least a couple of years now. I do like that they're trying to do something different with the covers and those headwings with the EPS look nice.

monstah

On the Graco website design blog I commented how much kids would like Spiderman, Batman, Star Wars, etc. :cool:

But unless the harness height is 20" and 65 pounds IcannotletmyDSseethisseatever.

menfusse

On the Graco website design blog I commented how much kids would like Spiderman, Batman, Star Wars, etc. :cool:

But unless the harness height is 20" and 65 pounds IcannotletmyDSseethisseatever.

LOL...yea, I've already made that mistake. It is 65lbs, but I can only find over all height for harness use, which is stated at 52 inches. We all know how useful over all height is though.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Ok, now that I've had time to check out the website, those are actually pretty cool...although the arms still scare me.

(And the geek in me thought, "They should make a seat that looks like a crash-test dummy!" Then I realized that wouldn't be such a good idea.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC