Are you aware of an age stipulation for the Evenflo Chase?

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
Okay, so I'm procrastinating doing work and was browsing around on walmart's website at the car seats.
In case you didn't know, Walmart allows a person to post a question regarding the product on the product's site....and then the public can respond to answer that question.
Well, companies like Evenflo and Dorel have created accounts to answer questions about their products. No surprise there.
I was reading a question about the Evenflo Chase Combination seat.
Someone asked:
"Can my 42lb 2 year old use the lap belt position?" (aka: booster mode)
Evenflo's response is this:
"Children must be at least 3 years old to use the Chase without the internal harness"

WHAT?? I mean, yeah, I like the idea, but is that just something I missed in the manual? (I rarely use this seat). So this person now thinks they should continue to use the harness past the 40lb weight limit until the child reaches the age of 3??!
:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
That's a poorly written answer, but a 3yo minimum for booster use is fairly standard. The representative should have made clear that the child can no longer use the seat, because s/he is too heavy for the harness and too young for the booster.

scariestone

I would respond to the question to clarify. When I was looking to buy a new seat for DS a few weeks ago I was looking at walmart's site and the manufacturers answers to peoples' questions were totally unclear and often had nothing to do with the question being asked! You would think they would want to represent themselves better than that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC