I am so bummed!

cadensmommy

Senior Community Member
My neace is 15 months old and 20pounds soking wet! well I looked today they turned her around she is so tiny! and they wont listen to me its like talking to a brick wall, I was so happy to see her still rear facing at 14 months but it was only becouse she was not 20 pounds, I hate that thats the magic number she is so small!

Clarissa

ADS

southpawboston

it was only becouse she was not 20 pounds, I hate that thats the magic number she is so small!

Clarissa

yep, that's because people are, by nature, more likely to follow minimum law requirements rather than listen to sound reasoning. if the law required Rfing to 2 years or 30 lbs, most people would end up complying, as opposed to the tiny tiny handful that get enlightened, such as members of this forum.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I'm not a tech, but I have mixed success with my friends and family.

Success is definitely mixed, and mixed to the extreme. Some kids have been turned the day they turn one OR 20 pounds (the MINIMUM is supposed to be AND, but whatever), while others have RF until they outgrow the biggest seats (some RF to age 3.5-4). Some kids have stayed harnessed as long as possible while others are moved into boosters as soon as possible. Extremes.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC