Question Quick help with radian install

Ryalee

Can someone show me a pic or explanation of where those alligator clips go? They are just hanging off the side and DH doesn't know where they go, well where they thread through.. We are used to the Marathon. He read the manual and the radian in the manual isnt even the same seat!:rolleyes:

ADS

ChristyH

Are you installing it forward or rear facing?

The Latch clips are going to thread through where you would put the seat belt or through the belt path. Even though it doesn't look like the same seat in the manual all Radian's have the same frame so it is basically the same seat.

If you are going to install in rear facing, unhook the latch strap from where it's attached now and thread it through the rear facing belt path. Make sure the straps aren't twisted and click into place. Just make sure you have the connectors facing the right direction for rear facing.

Ryalee

Are you installing it forward or rear facing?

The Latch clips are going to thread through where you would put the seat belt or through the belt path. Even though it doesn't look like the same seat in the manual all Radian's have the same frame so it is basically the same seat.

If you are going to install in rear facing, unhook the latch strap from where it's attached now and thread it through the rear facing belt path. Make sure the straps aren't twisted and click into place. Just make sure you have the connectors facing the right direction for rear facing.

Thanks he installed it FF. I think he must have put in through in the right place. It's installed very tight but to me the straps look twisted. Also i noticed theres a piece of belt hanging from the one side near the top when it's already installed. Not sure what that is.. i might have to ask DH.

Ryalee

ok i asked him about the straps He says theres no way you can install that without the straps not being twisted:( Is this right?

ChristyH

If it's installed FF then it will thread through the FF belt path, if it looks twisted I'd take it out and straighten the straps and then put it back in.

The belt up at the top, does it have a metal hook on it? I think you must be seeing the tether. That will hang down the back of the vehicle seat and attach to a tether point. Depending on the age of your vehicle you should have a spot behind the seat that is well marked on where to attach the tether.

Can you post pictures?

Last edited:

Maedze

Thanks i'll go out and post pictures now. That hanging belt thing isn't the tether.. i'll take a pic of that too:)

That's just a small strap keeping the LATCH webbing attached to the seat when the seat is installed with the seatbelt. It's perfectly safe, just let it hang.

However, you absolutely can install the LATCH webbing without having it twisted.

Ryalee

sorry hope these are good, some are big pics

2nibry0.jpg
this is that hanging strap i told you about
xdsftl.jpg
The 3rd pic down is the right side that looks twisted but i think the pic is too blurry to tell:(
1zx3bea.jpg

4qmljd.jpg

24lvhub.jpg

2i1zd34.jpg
this is the left seat side which looks ok right?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC