S/O Favorite FF seat and why.

AtTheSouthDam

Forward facing only or convertibles, just what seat do you like best in the forward facing position. Bonus points for those with smaller forward facers :p

I need help choosing a new one :eek:

Sorry about the title typo. It should say FF seat

ADS

Mommy0608

Re: S/O Favorite FF facing and why.

Frontier 85... even though I don't have it yet (it's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow!) :love:

We love the Frontier, it fits Jessica well even though she's skinny. It's very well padded, has nice wings, good seat depth for long legged kiddos like my DD. She sleeps well in it, it installs well in my car and she loves it. My van has very sloped seats, which makes FF seats super reclined, which is why I didn't use our convertibles FF for her. The Frontier allows her to sit a little more upright. Of course I would pick the 85 over the regular model for the cupholders and extra harness height.

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador

Frontier. DD starting using hers at 41" and 35 pounds (she was 4 years and 1 month old), she fit great, and we both love it. I really like the headwings; she rests her head nicely on them when she wants to sleep.

I do like our True Fit forward-facing okay, but I dislike our Marathon and Boulevard forward-facing, and I don't think I'd like our My Ride forward-facing, either.

scoutingbear

Radian. Radian. Radian. No head slump, low profile, tall slots, it actually installs really easy in my car and C doesn't complain that he can't put his legs out. Most days he falls asleep with his legs crossed or one knee up.

2nd is GN. Installs easily, makes a decent booster for A, harness adjusts so easily. A likes that it looks like a booster. A doesn't have head slump in it.

So, yeah, 2 different seats are my favs for 2 different kids.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member

SafeGuard Child Seat. Easy to install. Easy to use. Memory foam all the heck over the place. Wipes clean with ease. Easy to switch from one kid to another. Little velcro for rolling up the tether with. So easy to tighten correctly, I trust my sister to put my daughter in it. 19 inch top slots and 65 lb. weight limit. Just a super-awesome seat. One of the few higher-profile seats I'm comfortable with for FFing-- becaue it's shaped so differently I have no qualms about this one.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician

I'll be the odd man out and say that I love my GN. I love that it adjusts so easily, and I love that N is the only kid of my whole group who can buckle himself. I think I loved the regular more than the elite, though, although the lockoffs are growing on me.

I don't know how it would stack up against the seats that I now have, but pre-carseat geek days I loved my Evenflo Express. It had a really funky harness adjuster, that I found super-easy to get tight on my kids.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member

The boys haven't fallen asleep in the new seats yet, so the jury is still out. For comfy napping...the DC and MA can't be beat. I get great installs, in most of our cars (they don't work in dh's truck FF). We got horrid head slump in the XT, so it's in dh's car for a 3 across and seldom used, and even less seldom is it napped in.

I just added a Frontier 85 (for my vehicle) and 2 Maestro's (for dh's truck). I love the Maestro's ease of installation, tall harness height and awesome price tag. But I have a kiddo with a serious torso who will need the extra height of the Frontier. So the Frontier 85 will be his every day seat, and Maestro and Radian XT are his back ups (which are installed all the time).

chasingboys

I really like the Radian XTsl forward facing, and the old Frontier. Hoping to add a new Frontier soon! :)

christineka

I like the radian. It is so slim and sturdy. I like the idea of the safe stop. My kids don't have head slump in the radian either. My little 31 pound 5 year old is currently ffing in the radian and she loves it. I have to change things around though. I haven't had a lot of experience with different ffing seats. Ds had the nautilus for awhile, but the crotch buckle stuck often and he had headslump when asleep. Otherwise he loved the cupholders.

natysr

I've only used a Marathon, Frontier, and True Fit Premier.

I think I like the Frontier best.

I asked Jordan which one he likes best, and after saying "all of them" 6 times, he finally said the Marathon after I forced him to choose only one. Of course, he's ridden in a Marathon since he was 2 (rearfacing most of that time).

April

Used to be the Frontier, but the GN has really grown on me. Its DH's favorite with the TF being a close second. I used to like the Frontier better, but over time, the stupid cupholders and sheer width of the thing have made me like it less.

firemomof3

Radian :love:
escavator001.jpg

Callansmomma

CPS Technician
The old Triumph. It is my all time favorite hands down. Now, of the seats I presently own the Frontier is my favorite.

Spam

Well, we're not ffing yet, but i've my nephew is. He's rode in the tf and I liked it. His normal seat is a gn. It works really well for him and it's easy to adjust and install that gma can do it as she has most of the time. I've heard the Recaro Youngsport is good for small forward facers, and I :love: recaros (even though i don't currently own one)

solmama

My ds likes the Radian65 for forward facing. He doesn't have head slump, which is good. It fits his body type perfectly.

For my dd, I'd say the Regent. It fit her really well. But she says her Oobr is actually more comfortable.

dmpmercury

I haven't done ff yet but I am really liking the Maestro for my kiddos who are on the skinny side. I like the high harness slots in a narrowish seat. I be getting one for my dd when her seat expires or she outgrows rear facing. I think I like the radian too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC