any rec for a cheap pick up truck?

ginny4

i think we have to break down & get ourselves a newer 2nd vehicle. our old van is well pretty darn trashed. we don't have a lot of money actually very little. so we need one that is no more than $5000 & really that's probably WAY too much. i haven't checked what we can really afford. DH was thinking we need a pick up. i agree to some extent that it would be useful. my main concern is that a pickup can't hold our 6 person family. tho i don't know how important it is for us to get a 2nd vehicle that does. we have a van & my parents have a van that we can borrow if we truly ever NEEDED it.

sorry for long story....
any recs for a pick up? one that has headrests & can use some sort of carseat or booster in it. it be even greater if i can even have a safe middle position (headrest & shoulder belt). i'm not holding my breath for that.

thanks in Advance

ADS

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I know the '03 Chevy Silverado has l/s belt in the 2nd row center but no head rest. It would be ideal for a booster seat child. You can also get a bench front row but the center I think in the '03 is just a lapbelt only but would work for a harnessed child. That would live the outboard positions for the seat belt only positions.

I am sure you can find an '03 within your price range. it might have higher miles but should fit your requirements. Have you talked about a large size SUV like the Tahoe/Suburban?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I have fit 6 in my 98 Dodge Ram 2500. RFing bucket in the center front, air bag off. Back seat 1 RFer, 1 FFer tethered, 1 booster.

ginny4

i REALLY need headrests in the back. at least on the outboard positions since my older boys are the most likely to be in it with DH. does the 98 ram have headrests, Judi?

we are pretty open to any suggestions as far as what kind of vehicle but our 1st choice is pick up, then SUV, another van but with hitch. i think we totally decided on no sedan

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC