Whooop! FR 85 at BRU

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Man, I need to go to BRU soon. I hear the Maestro is finally there as well?

Now if they would just carry Radians and True Fits they'd be ideal to send parents to to shop (don't know about purchase, but at least try out).

Wendy

Mom2FiveGirls

When I went last week they had the FR 85 but not the maestro. I wanted to check out the maestro, but oh well. I am trying to come up with a reason why I need the FR 85 though... We need something for DD#4 in DH's car (she's too big for the scenera that DD#5 uses, but not big enough for a HBB (that DD#3 or DD#2 uses...he can't fit but 3 of them in his car at a time) so I was thinking I could get the fr85 for DD#4 to use in my truck and put her nautilus in DH's car, but he says that's a waste of money for no more than she's in the car with him. I'm just freaked out that he's going to have to go somewhere when he's home with her (he stays with DD#4 and 5 during the day sometimes so I can go to appointments for myself or DD#2, etc) and just put her in a hbb). The maestro makes more sense financially though...

Kat_Momof3

SIGH... you're trying to make me go to BRU, aren't you??

Can you find out if the one in Chesapeake has it before I go driving out there?? (it WOULD be on my way tomorrow and my camera should arrive today... so if you can PLEASE find out... if it's there, I will get pics of Ruthie and Jeffrey comparing it and the Nautilus)

if you CAN'T find out... I'll call them in the morning before we leave to go to the Living Museum... I'll be in chesapeake after... we'll go to the city park for lunch and playing.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
For some reason, Canada has the Maestro, but no sign of it yet in the US BRU's. I could use one Maestro in place of the Chase and Summit, that's for sure. Fingers crossed the one we get is better looking than the Chase, which is such a practical, affordable seat, but with such an ugly cover no one but the most hard core budget minded mom or grandma will tolerate it :whistle:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
SIGH... you're trying to make me go to BRU, aren't you??

Can you find out if the one in Chesapeake has it before I go driving out there?? .

Give them a call, I'm not working today (phew, because holy cow the weather is too nice to be working! lol), and tell us if you get to see it!

ChristyH

I was at my BRU today and they had the Frontier 85 and the original on the sale shelf. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new 85. I didn't think I'd like it but after looking at the original and the new 85 side by side I really like the new one. Lots of changes but they are sutble. DS has a Regent though that was manufactured in '09 and he still has 2 full harness slots to go on it and DD who desperately wants to be harnessed again, well I just don't see the need to harness her again. I don't think we'll ever own one but they are super nice.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I better call mine, I want to try it out!

ETA: Too bad they never answer the phone. :(

lol, but not, but yeah, there's never enough people to get to the phone, despite phones all over the store and managers carrying phones :rolleyes: I have to call the other store all the time and it's like hours on hold :thumbsdown:

Calideedle

I guess I'll just go down there. I was on hold for 40mins with 10 different people answering and telling me to hold for someone else.

gsdguenter

we saw it a BRU last weekend and I had to get a pic with DD in it. She is till rfing by the way, but I just wanted to see what it was like. The crotch strap buckle thingy seemed really tight. Maybe I missed that it could be adjusted, but it was hard to buckle. DD loved it though and didn't want to get out.:thumbsup:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I saw one! I saw one!

I didn't try installing it but I did open and look at and touch it.

I went to BRU to play today and was disappointed to see the old Frontier display model still there. And no clearance sign. But then I saw, under the old Frontier box beneath it on the shelf, the Frontier 85 box! So I hauled it out and played with it. Like the top slots. Like the new belt path design; I think likely it will make installation easier in many cars. Cover seemed a bit softer? (The non-mesh part.) But that could have been an illusion.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC