Booster pics?

disbugsmomma

Does anyone have pics of kids in the Apex in booster mode? I know there was a thread that showed kids in a bunch of different boosters, but I can't find it and I don't know if the Apex was one of them. :shrug-shoulders: This is mostly to satisfy my own curiosity about how dd may fit in a few years. :whistle:

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
The Apex is a very wide booster. If your child continues on her current growth curve, I would not think it would be an excellent fit.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I don't have pics, but I can tell you from experience that I wasn't crazy as the Apex as a booster. While it's not an AOE, I found the fit to be just marginal/acceptable on my stocky 8yo (52", ~90lbs.) Any of the smaller kids, I would harness in the seat over using it as a booster, even if they were in booster mode. It wasn't awful, and I've seen worse, but I prefer the fits my gang has had in the Monterey, Turbo or even the Pronto or Ambassador.

It's just sooo wide, by the time that belt wraps around both sides of the seat, it doesn't sit right. Plus, it's confusing because it goes behind the armrests, not under them. I really wasn't crazy about it, and got rid of mine because of it.

disbugsmomma

Thanks for the input everyone. My FIL bought this seat for use in his truck and I'm hoping it will at least be an ok booster for her when the time comes. He will be pretty mad if he has to use a different seat. :rolleyes: But maybe by then there will be another little one to use the seat so we can get a dedicated booster for that vehicle. :thumbsup:

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The good news is, your DD sounds small enough that she can stay harnessed in the Apex for a good, long time. So maybe you'll be able to avoid the drama altogether. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC