True Fit or True fit Premier

ElaynesMom

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I only found one thread on it, I think I must not be very good at searching. So sorry if this has been done to death.

How does everyone feel about using the regular true fit now that the true fit premier is going to be available in a couple weeks?

The price difference when neither is on sale is 70 dollars, but zellers has just got in a new pattern of the regular true fit that I like a lot, and I'm sure they'll have a sale soon enough, which would make it a more significant difference in price from the premier.

Does everyone think the extra 70-120 dollars (depending on what zellers sells it for on sale) is worth it just for the ARB? Money isn't super tight, so we could swing the premier, but I don't want to spend the extra if it isn't really necessary.

Thanks,

Kassandra

ADS

msg221

I just installed my True Fit Premiere yesterday and I did want the anti rebound bar so it was an easy decision for me. I liked the fact that my Britax seats had the rear facing tether, so I wanted something comparable, especially because these seats are for my godchildren and my two stepdaughters children. I wanted them to be as safe as possible in my vehicle. For me, that added safety was worth the extra money. And since I got it on Amazon for about $25 less than the average cost, it was a bonus!

hel

I'm not a tech and am pretty new to all of this.. I just read the boards here a lot. But I'll be interested to hear the answers; I'm currently a couple of months (I suspect) away from moving my daughter to a convertible, and the TF/TFP is my current front runner (while she's pretty average so far for height, she's at ~30th percentile for weight, putting her at the 30th percentile of weight for length). I haven't tried the TF or the other contenders (RA, CA) in my car or with her yet, so we'll see.

If I go with the TF, I suspect I'll go with the TFP, at least for my car, due to not just the rebound but also the level indicator and non-buried adjustment (so ease of use factors). With that said, it's entirely possible that (if my partner gets a car) we'll get the TF for his car.. I certainly wouldn't balk at putting her in a regular TF, at least not from anything I've read here.

I suspect that the answer most approaching "objective" is that the possible value add is whether it increases your ability to use the car seat correctly every time.. if you can install and use the TF correctly every time, then you may not need the extra ease of use features of the TFP; my impression of the rebound feature is that it adds marginally to the safety in one particular type of crash, but if I'm wrong, please please correct me.

sparkyd

I won't be able to truly answer this question until I get my hands on the Premier and see how it really compares to the regular TF in terms of installing and ease of use. IF it installs the same (i.e. takes up the same amount of RF room) and IF the harness is much easier to use RF, then I will likely recommend that seat over the regular TF for most people. This is mainly because of the harness issues. The TF really is my favourite seat and I recommend if often to friends, but then if they get one I feel like I need to follow up with a lesson on how to use the harness RF because I'm afraid they'll curse me when they have trouble with it. Or worse, they won't have the patience to use it properly and kiddo won't be restrained properly all the time.

As far as safety goes, I have no way of knowing whether the ARB is safer than the regular TF, so that doesn't enter into my decision making too much. I'm not a RF tether user either.

ElaynesMom

The new one at zellers has the level indicator with that ball, so that isn't an issue. The harness adjuster isn't really an issue for me either because it's a continuous loop harness. Her current seat is an old Eddie Bauer 3in1, so I'm used to the continuous loop harness it has, I never adjust the harness when I put her in because it's already set at the correct tightness. I only change it if she's grown and the harness doesn't fit her at that setting anymore.

I'm mainly just interested to see what other parents/techs think about the ARB as an added safety feature. I know there isn't any guarantee it's safer, but if most people feel it's likely significantly better, I'd pay the extra. If it's marginally safer I'd rather just buy the regular (hopefully on sale), especially since I like the cover better :eek:

mygems

I'm interested in others thoughts as well. Also, are we sure of the release date? I emailed Safety Superstore and they told me it wasn't available here until June.

My reasons for considering the regular TF are (in order!)

a) My daughter is at the limit, so if she grows at all (height) I am going to have to replace the seat now and I'm not sure I can wait for it's release.

b) We're going on a trip for Spring break and I think she would be more comfortable in a new seat than her infant.

c) I like the cover on the TF better (flowered)

d) Price

ElaynesMom

I'm interested in others thoughts as well. Also, are we sure of the release date? I emailed Safety Superstore and they told me it wasn't available here until June.

Babies r Us Canada has the True Fit Premier (Rebound) available to preorder with a release date of April 2. The cover they are offering is 'Retro Geo'. There is another pattern for the Premier coming to Canada called 'Bionic Splash'. I emailed Learning Curve to ask about it and they said they didn't know the exact date it would be available or the list of stores that would carry it, but that it wasn't only going to be exclusive to any particular store. So perhaps Safety Superstore is getting this cover and are expecting it June? I'm not sure.

Learning Curve also told be that at this time they don't expect to release any other Premier covers in Canada. That may change in the future. The cover on the new regular True Fit at Zellers seems to be identical to the 'Rail Stripe' Premier cover in the US, just on the regular model.

mommycat

The cover on the new regular True Fit at Zellers seems to be identical to the 'Rail Stripe' Premier cover in the US, just on the regular model.
That would make sense; I wrote down the model number as C630C-RTS, but obviously I was having issues with letter sequence and it was most likely "RST"...

ElaynesMom

That would make sense; I wrote down the model number as C630C-RTS, but obviously I was having issues with letter sequence and it was most likely "RST"...

Yeah, that does make sense. I was actually sort of disappointed when I went to my zellers. They didn't have the Maestro, MyRide, or Complete Air. And I sort of wish they had got the 'Rail Stripe' True Fit as the Premier version instead of the regular version. Oh well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC