My new fave seat - Symphony 65!

tracee877

So I have been craving a new seat lately and went to Target today and decided to check out the seats. Now, I admit I am a total Britax snob.:eek: I noticed the Symphony 65 and decided to try DS in it. He fit great and looked so comfy and surrounded. So it came home with us.:love: OMG I LOVE it! And the LATCH is AWESOME! You just attach the anchors and push in/down on the seat and it ratchets in. Took me less than 30 seconds. The best thing is that it takes up very little room front to back, less than my MA! It looks huge and awkward but once installed is not. There is also nice leg room and a buttery smooth adjuster. DS is scrunched in his MA and he can stretch out pretty well in the S65. Below are some pics. DS is 18 months, 25 lbs and 32", installed in an 05 Explorer.

Headrest is one click up from the bottom
007_1268933195.jpg

008_1268933194.jpg

Showing how much room there is between the S65 and seat back. Seat is all the way back and reclined 2 clicks.:thumbsup:
010_1268933191.jpg

Leg room
014_1268933186.jpg

Does the install look ok? I may try reinstalling to try and get the base more on the seat.

ADS

Spam

He's too cute! I like the looks of the symphony too :D What's the highest rfing height?

emandbri

Love it! I hope they do the babies r us rebate for used baby stuff again, my mom's seats expire in Dec and the symphony would be perfect for them since they have grandkids who are different sizes.

ChristyH

Wow! I might need to look into that for DD for DH's truck, it looks like it might be a great fit for the back bench where we don't have alot of room for rear facing. She's going to outgrow her Coccoro by height long before she does by weight and then I'm going to need something that fits in his truck.
I'm going to need to look into that!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I've done checks on 5 of them that were in LATCH positions. The LATCH was incompatible in 4 of the 5 seats. That just bugs me.

And of course in many cars you can't use LATCH in the middle anyway, so you end up with a seatbelt install instead.

I do like a lot of the features though. And it even makes a decent booster, though high, I've checked the fit of my eldest in it. :)

Spam

From the measurement spreadsheets it shows the Symphony to have a 23" RF shell height/25" FF shell height.

To compare that with other seats you are already familiar with, the MyRide has a 24" shell height and the True Fit has a 26.75" shell height.

Thanks! I always forgot to check the spreadsheets. Deffinately wouldn't work for us, at least not rfing.

firemomof3

Is that OK to have the base of the Symphony so far back away from the bight of the vehicle seat? Doesn't look right :confused:

tracee877

Is that OK to have the base of the Symphony so far back away from the bight of the vehicle seat? Doesn't look right :confused:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, but the manual shows it like that. The EFTA does the same thing though not quite as bad.

tracee877

Thanks! I always forgot to check the spreadsheets. Deffinately wouldn't work for us, at least not rfing.

Yeah, I think I read in the manual that you can only use the headrest RF in the lowest 2 positions. Where its at in the pics is the 2nd position and you can see there's less than an inch of room before he would need the next notch.

lil.miss32

Being an Evenflo, does it need the 1.5" clearance between it and the seat back? Or is that just the infant seats?? I have the old Symphony and LOVE it!!

Also, anybody know if you can use headrest in the lowest 2 on the old one? I thought it had to be all the way down...

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, I think I read in the manual that you can only use the headrest RF in the lowest 2 positions. Where its at in the pics is the 2nd position and you can see there's less than an inch of room before he would need the next notch.

Although it says that, I believe (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that Evenflo has clarified a few times that headrest may be in any position RF?

InternationalMama

Although it says that, I believe (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that Evenflo has clarified a few times that headrest may be in any position RF?

Not any position, but in either of the bottom two positions. Both the old Symphony and the new Symphony 65 can use the bottom two positions, but the old Symphony says lowest position only in the manual.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
No, I would swear that someone from Evenflo talked to several of our techs and told them it can be in other positions. Maybe I'm completely off my rocker...

InternationalMama

Hmmm. Well, the carseatblog reviews says lowest two positions and it is less than two months old. I had a crush on the Symphony 65 for awhile and read pretty much ever thread on here about it and never heard that, so if that's true it's a very new development! And would make this seat extremely appealing. Please let me know KQ if you find any threads with that claim.

NannyMom

No, I would swear that someone from Evenflo talked to several of our techs and told them it can be in other positions. Maybe I'm completely off my rocker...

Not off your rocker, just confused. The old Symphony said lowest position. But Evenflo told several people here the lowest 2 positions. Symph65 says lowest 2.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC