Finally Victory with the Safeguard Hybrid Go!!

tl01

After literally 40 phone calls today and stopping at a few used car lots today, I finally found a place that had a dodge caravan (05ish) with stow n go captains chairs like my in-laws car has. I need this seat to work in their car for a trip later this year and it seems to have pretty low seat backs. I didn't want to end up with an incompatibility issue after flying to see them this summer. I'm so excited b/c I think DS will fit in the seat in their car!!! Here are some pics. What do you think about the vehicle headrest? Would you leave it like that?

Need to move the headrest down.
091f1346.jpg

He even has room to grow!!
1de47d52.jpg

83ad5dba.jpg

e01e30ba.jpg

f3f7b9e0.jpg

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I see no reason not to leave the headrest like that (you mean up, right?) That way it won't interfere with the install, and he has adequate head support from the seat back itself. :)

aeormsby

I missed if you posted about anyone else installing in a mid 2000's Caravan. We've installed our GO in my parents 2004-5 Town & Country with Stow & Go. I found it worked a little better if I reclined the seat a tad (looks like maybe the slightly different headrest on the Safety 1st version works better than the Safeguard version though).

tl01

I see no reason not to leave the headrest like that (you mean up, right?) That way it won't interfere with the install, and he has adequate head support from the seat back itself. :)

Should have been more clear:) I meant I should move down the headrest on the Go to better fit DS and then I'd move down the vehicle headrest. I was just showing how much more space he had. The guy at the used car lot I'm sure thought I was a freak b/c I was so excited that he fit in the seat!

tl01

I missed if you posted about anyone else installing in a mid 2000's Caravan. We've installed our GO in my parents 2004-5 Town & Country with Stow & Go. I found it worked a little better if I reclined the seat a tad (looks like maybe the slightly different headrest on the Safety 1st version works better than the Safeguard version though).

I'll remember about reclining the seat when we get to their car. I had posted about needing the seat back measurement but decided the only way I was going to know if it worked in the car was to find one. I couldn't believe how hard it was to find a car that had those seats. I guess they outside of the van stayed the same but in 05 the seats changed. Glad to know it worked in your parent's car too.

Kat_Momof3

the caravan doesn't have stow n' go... the grand caravan does... and my IL's have the 05 Grand caravan and they have the super flat headrests... so that will also help if that's what your relatives have.

I hate those headrests in the Caravan... the slant is a pain in the butt... (just a vent there as I own this vehicle)... but I think it looks like your son will fit just fine in his seat there.

but one note... you are supposed to recline the caravan seat when using latch (it's in the vehicle manual)... about 2 notches... this should also help with torso room.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC