Does my 10 month old has the longest torso ever! (Pics in the MA)

zactayaus

Does my 10 month old have the longest torso ever! (Pics in the MA)

This MA will be going in DH's truck tomorrow. I haven't put Gavin in it since forever. I was shocked that I had to move up the harness to the second slots. I keep reading on here about how everyones kids didn't fit in the MA on the bottom slots till they were 8, 9, 10 month old. My kid is only 10 months (well almost 11 months) but he is about an inch above the second slots (the cover does not line up with the slots it's off by about an inch).:eek: When I was taking the pictures DH said 'wow, he looks like he's almost too big for that seat already'. I'm seriously wondering if we'll even make it to 2yo with the head room left. We'll just have to see.

Here's the pic:

Gavin10monthsold059.jpg

And just for fun, here's pics from 5 weeks, 10 weeks, 5 months, and now:

V0010239-1.jpg
GavinintheMA001-1.jpg
crop-1.jpg
Gavin10monthsold059-1.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

Mommy0608

Re: Does my 10 month old have the longest torso ever! (Pics in the MA)

Holy torso, batman! :p

He's a cutie pie. :love:

seamonkeys

Yes, that is one long torso!! I think my 3 yr-old nephew would still be on the 2nd slots if he was RFing. And DD is just barely over the 1st slots at 11 mths! :whistle:

dmpmercury

I posted pictures of my 3.5 year old dd recently in her boulevard rear facing and she got similar room above her head. I don't know what slots she is on since the boulevard doesn't have slots in the seat. My dd is tiny but that is crazy to me.

sunnymw

Um... my 3.5 year old has that size torso... maybe... maybe less LOL!

simplychels

haha yep I'd say thats quite the torso he's got! my 3 year old is on the 2nd slot of her MA

DahliaRW

My oldest fit just about like that at 10months! He has a crazy long torso.

mommy2env

All I know, is that I want to bite his cheeks. I love seeing pictures of him. :love:

Mom2FiveGirls

He is so cute! :)

Ella will be 3 in June and the top of her shoulders are just above the second harness slot. Lilly is 4.5 and her shoulders are just a little higher than you ds's.

steph_s

That is how my ds fit in the ma at 11 months old so I can totally sympathize with the long torso! At the time this was the seat with the highest rf height limit so you can see how he only made it to 15 months rear facing and had to be switched. He is now 5 years old and at the top slot of the Regent and 1 small growth spurt away from outgrowing it. I have to check daily to make sure he isn't out of it. I really hope his torso slows down so he can make it till at least 2-2.5 rear facing and till booster appropriate age without outgrowing the seat. My ds will be in the rstv after the Regent because he still isn't 100% booster ready yet.

BTW: He is a really cute baby!

aclayton74

I just love seeing pictures of this little guy. Everytime I see a pic I just smile:love:

Oh and yes he does have a long torso!!

Calideedle

Gosh I love that boy! What a cutie.

That is how Aden fits in the MA. He is an inch or so above the 2nd slots. I had them on the 1st slots for awhile because I didn't think it was possible for him to be on the 2nd already! Our cover doesn't line up at all either.

ginny4

oh my that's some torso!

so so adorable he is. he's grown so much since the last i saw him!

zactayaus

so so adorable he is. he's grown so much since the last i saw him!

Thanks, and yes he has grown so much since then. Pic #3 is from our BBB play date.:)

aaminnky

Senior Community Member
I feel your pain. He's on the same track as my DS (always above the 90th%tile for height and all torso). He will be 2 next month... The Radian was delivered yesterday and will be installed tonight.

Kat_Momof3

that is one serious torso... Ruthie has a REALLY long torso and she didn't move to the second slots until well after 1yr old.

He should still make it until at least 2.... but man... I'd definitely be wanting a taller seat with a higher rf limit for that kid down the line.

I also see a Frontier 85 in his future

asch884

My son is 2.5 and in a marathon also. your son fits like mine did. I didn't think I would have a problem with this seat my older son still fits in it at 6 yrs if I have to put him in it. My younger son I had to flip foward facing just before he was 2 and he is on the top slot now. I am in the process of ordering a frontier 85 so I can keep him harnessed as long as I can.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC