Graco is replacing my MR??

Spam

Okay, I bought A a MR a few weeks ago because he's getting close to limit on the tfs :( so he can stay rfing in at least one car. Well, the level indicator fell off during/after I installed it. I emailed about it asking if I should just glue it back on or what?? They told me it's not replaceable and are sending a lable to return the seat to them for a replacement :confused: I'm glad and all, the dom was older 8/09, but that was all walmart had. I also complained a little bit because A is on the fourth slots rearfacing with not a ton of room above his head and so he's on the top slots ffing and he's not even two yet. How is this suppossed to last even close to 65lbs??

Oh, and the other thread about the mr not fitting properly made me try ffing in my car. It fits, the feet are only a smidge off the bottom and if I try really hard I can get them touch. And luckily the mr fits just under the headrest where it pushes forward.
crissybdat051.jpg

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
You have a long torsoed ONE year old! If he's on the 4th slot RF, that's the same slot my 3.5 year old is on! So, you're obviously one of the folks with a child that is larger and isn't going to be able to use a seat as long as average or small kids.

My 3.5 year old hasn't grown in torso for at least the last 6 months (she still has 3" of shell in the MR above her head, so 2" growing room) but she has grown in height, legs only. So, at some point, they will go through a leg only growth spurt. Let's hope you're little one keeps that torso height for at least a year and a half! :D

Seems strange you just couldn't glue the indicator back on with a glue approved by Graco. There are plastic lines moulded into the seat that it goes between, so it's easy to put on in the correct spot. Maybe they figure they are opening up liability if someone should glue it on the totally wrong part of the seat and then have their baby at a 20° angle when the indicator is showing 45° and they get sued because the baby dies of not being able to breathe due to an "inaccurate level indicator"?

Last edited:

Kat_Momof3

maybe they want to inspect it and figure out how the thing came off in the first place??

but HOLY TORSO, batman!!

cpsaddict

Uh, my level indicator snapped off my Safeseat. I just assumed it would be fine without it. Now I am wondering if they know something we don't...

Spam

I thought i could just stick it back on, but it didn't stay. It makes sense if they don't want to be liable for the level being wrong in a serious accident I guess. Hopefully the replacement will be newer. I wonder if they'll let me keep the cover for a spare?

Dillipop

The level indicator fell off my SS1 as well. I used it for over a year without it before I broke the SS1. Oops! I was going to call about a replacement indicator and never got around to it.

hrice

I am no expert so can't help you with the RF install but maybe someone can chime in. At not even 2yrs he really should be RF'cing.

I cannot figure out how to start a thread but here is a a website I wanted to share. It is a story about an 18 mo old that was FF'cing and his neck broke in a crash.:(

joelsjourney.org

Spam

I am no expert so can't help you with the RF install but maybe someone can chime in. At not even 2yrs he really should be RF'cing.

I cannot figure out how to start a thread but here is a a website I wanted to share. It is a story about an 18 mo old that was FF'cing and his neck broke in a crash.:(

joelsjourney.org

He IS rearfacing :) I was just trying the seat ff because of another thread about it not fitting. I've been hear awhile and no all about Joel ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC