Do I need to flip her ff?

mykidsmom

I posted about 3 1/2 months ago about my dd. She is now 2 1/2.

She has been weighing around 33-34 on our scale with clothing. So really she has stayed about the same weight or maybe just slightly more than when I posted back at the beginning of December. But our scale doesn't seem to be very consistent from one attempt to the next. And her weight varies depending on if I weigh her on her own or with me holding her.

But at the Y last night, I weighed her on their scale. She was standing on it anyways, so what the heck. Last week I think we weighed her too (or the week before I can't remember) and she was fine - I don't remember the exact number. But last night, the Y's scale said 35.

I am a little concerned as I don't know which scale is more correct. I plan to weigh her again on ours at home to see if it is also higher than last time.

But if there is 1 scale saying 35 and 35 is the rf limit, then I probably need to think about turning her right?

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Is there a way to use a dumbbell or something similar of known weight to see which scale is accurate?

If she's 35, or if you doubt it, then yes, you need to turn her. (Or buy another seat, lol.)

mykidsmom

hmm, I weighed her at home again - still 33.

So I am not sure if the scale at the Y was just off this week or what.

I don't have any dumbbells at home, and at the Y, I don't think they would want me to take them out of the weight room.

I think I will just wait until the next time we are at the Y or have access to another scale and check with that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC