How many of you buckle your boosters

Do you buckle your non-occupied boosters

• Total voters

twinsmom

with a seatbelt when your child is not in it? I know you should and I understand why, but I'm trying to be honest with myself and think about whether or not I actually will. It seems like it would be a PIA!:eek:

(I'm talking about non-LATCHable boosters only, of course)

Last edited:
ADS

Mom2FiveGirls

I didn't vote. DD#2 and DD#3 are in the third row in HBBs. They always buckle their seats before they get out of the truck. I had to remind them a few times, but now its just become habit. They even buckle them in if we're just running in the store and they'll be getting right back in them...

DD#1 is in the second row in a nbb and she doesn't buckle it in. We just haven't figured out a way where she can without it being a huge pain and taking up too much time (mainly for school drop off). She slides the nbb in the floor and leans her seat up so the girls in the third row can get out and then just leaves the booster in the floor of the truck. I know I need to come up with a better solution, but so far I haven't...

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
100% of the time!! This was back when I did daycare, or have the kids' siblings visit...otherwise, no boosters are used here anymore and won't be for a few more years at least. But we will do it then too!

christineka

No. They are in the third row and hard for me to get to. Sometimes I will buckle them, but not often. The bodyguard has it's lockoff, though I think it would break in a crash.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I clicked "always." I used to be in the sometimes camp -- I knew I should but I was lazy about it -- until I crashed my van and saw what *really* happens to unbuckled boosters. Holy cow. I'm glad that puppy was in the 3rd row, and there was no one next to it.

Very, very rarely now I have no option (school dropoff line that I can't hold up,) but I pull over ASAP and take care of it. My kids are on board with it, after seeing the pic of their booster. It IS a PITA, but worth it. (Enough of a PITA that I'm seriously considering Montereys for all booster kids, and threw out the Parkway.)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I've had a backless booster...no, maybe it was a laptop?... fly forward off the seat once and hit the front seatback when I braked hard. It wasn't scary enough to make me buckle my boosters, I just leave the seatbelt hooked in the shoulderbelt guide/in the armrest and figure that fairly light plastic and EPS foam flying at my seatback isn't too scary (I know, I know, I should....)
My heavier boosters have been the kind that attach to the car (Frontier, Start, Bodyguard). The Parkway or Vivo are really light...

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Always, but actually it stays buckled all the time. It's in a tight 3 across and I just have the child wiggle in and out without unbuckling each time. It's easier that way and bonus, stays buckled in.

babyherder

Always. But I don't have kids in them every day so its not really too much of a bother. Plus my little brother (13 and in a seatbelt) sits in the back of my car next to them fairly often and I want them buckled for that.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
She's in a Monterey in my primary vehicle.

She rides with dad in the other car in a Turbobooster *maybe* once a month -- since it's so rarely used, it stays buckled most of the time.

Morganthe

... but I know I'll need a LATCH'able booster for this very reason. :eek:

Yep, that's why I'm so hept on Only LATCHable boosters from now on. :shrug-shoulders:

The Monterey is latched in. The parkway is in dh's car and rarely used, so it always has a seatbelt locked across it. I"d hate to deal with it on a daily basis.

Simplysomething

I voted sometimes. Because I honestly don't do it all the time. Ds1 will buckle it in, but usually only if he's stalling.

My car doesn't have lower anchors, so a booster with LATCH would be pointless.

bethng

I put never because I have a Clek :D But on the rare occaion that I do have our backup booster in the car and its not in use then I do buckle it.

We always do, it was the first thing I taught Julianna about her booster when she got one, was as soon as you get out of it, you buckle it back in, and she always does.
If I put the booster In I always throw the belt around it and through the belt slot.

Its habit with us..
But we are bad about projectiles anyways so don't think we are saintly or anything lol:whistle:
Cough*theresamagnadoodleinthereatthemoment*cough

ginny4

i'm absolutely terrible at remebering to buckle the boosters especially in the 3rd row. i've been booster free for a few months but we'll be back to a booster in may so i'll TRY my hardest to remember. it should be easier in the 2nd row tho. i defintily prefer the monterey for latchability but my DD doesn't fit it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC