CPST class Metro Atlanta (My Dept!!)

mommy-medic

********I was not sure where to put this so move as needed. Was going to post under tech prof. but that wouldn't make much sense, since those needing/wanting the class (i.e. non-CPST's) wouldn't be able to see it.

Also- there are step-by-step instructions on how to register, but they are in PDF format. As soon as I figure out how in the world to attach them I will do that here.*******

Child Passenger Safety Technician 4-day Course

Cherokee County Fire and Emergency Services and Safe Kids Cherokee County is conducting the National Standardized Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST) certification course on May 17, 18, 19 and 20, 2010. The course is 32+ hours and combines classroom instruction, hands-on work with car seats and vehicles, and a community safety seat checkup event. Attendance is required for the entire course. There are 20 open seats in the class. The location will be the County Administration Building/Northside Hospital Cherokee Conference Center located at 1130 Bluffs Parkway, Canton, GA 30114. The seat check event is tentatively scheduled at Wal-Mart Bells Ferry on the 20th.

The course number is GA20100306255. To register for the course please follow the attached step by step instructions. You must follow it exactly as printed to ensure a smooth enrollment process. The cost of the class is $75.00. Safe Kids Cherokee County will reimburse the entire $75.00 upon successful completion of the course and if you agree to follow the Safe Kids Cherokee County “Memorandum of Understanding”. This MOU is simply to assist with seat inspections in the county. I will be glad to give more details to you if you want them.

Georgia Firefighter Standards and Training will give 30 hours credit to any level of fire department certification. This applies only to the fire service.

Law Enforcement can receive POST credit.

If you have any questions please give me a call or send an email.

Thanks!

Captain Chad Arp

Senior Fire Safety Educator

Life Safety Division-Public Education Office

1130 Bluffs Parkway

Canton, Georgia 30114

770-721-7808 Office

678-614-8973 Cell

www.cherokeefmo.info

www.cherokeesafekids.org

ADS

tracee877

Oh I would love to do this! I need to see what DH's work schedule will be like in May. Do you know what the start and end times will be each day?

djma

Stomping my feet and throwing a tantrum that we won't be out of school by then so I can't go!!!!!!!!!!! UGH!!!! :crying:

ChristyH

Ohhh! I'd be interested too. I wonder if I can get MIL to come over and watch the kids for me.

What are the times?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC