Repurposing aftermarket accessories?

CommMom

Senior Community Member
Anybody here find a "good" use for their aftermarket accessories?

When DS was first born, I didn't know that aftermarket accessories weren't the best idea. We had a couple of things that we used, until I learned more and stripped them off. I felt bad about throwing them away...but also didn't want to sell them to somebody else. So it seemed like logical thing was to figure out how to repurpose...

DH uses our thick, rubbery seat protector thing when he's working on the car in the garage. Since the surface is grippy, it holds tools, bolts, etc. and the raised, tray-like sides don't let anything roll away! He loves it and wishes I could find another one. :D

I use the double head rest to hold small things when I'm cooking or sewing/crafting. One stays down in the kitchen. I turn the support part toward the edge of the of the counter and then set my small spice jars, eggs, etc. inside it. It keeps things from rolling away. I toss it in the drawer with the pot holders and launder when necessary. The other one stays upstairs and I use it for keeping thread, needles, markers, or other crafting supplies where they belong when I'm using them.

I've also been known to use our aftermarket harness covers to wrap around any number of things. I have a duffel bag that doesn't have anything to keep the handles together, so I use one for that.

Any other fun ideas about repurposing these once you've got them?

ADS

arly1983

Yep, I found out the the Snuzzler was great for newborns in the swing, bouncy seat, and stroller.

The strap covers make great covers for my baby carriers' straps. DS like to chew on them.

Kat_Momof3

I just always used them in strollers or other baby gear... harness pads go great on strollers... so do head supports...

head supports also can be cozy in a swing... harness pads are nice in the high chair when baby is just using it as a seat, not to eat in, because you have a very curious 4 yr old and 2.5yr old who you don't want having easy access to baby while you're cooking.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
My mom bought me a seat protector. My dining room chairs are padded with a dark fabric. I put the seat protector under a Fisher Price Healthy Care Booster.

I think a snuzzler would be great in a swing/stroller/bouncy.

Susan

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Wet and freeze shoulder strap pads as a teether.

Cut the backing off the head-hugger and straighten the rolled part to use in place of a rolled receiving blanket.

Cut out the part of the Snuzzler or Bundle Me that goes behind and under the baby and it is perfectly safe to use in the car seat.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I used terry cloth harness covers on the johnny jump up straps so they were soft where DS grabbed them.

CommMom

Senior Community Member
I love the suggestions! We didn't have a swing or jumper, and my bouncer already had a body pillow-thing with it. But next time, I'll have both of those, lol.

I definitely never thought of soaking/freezing the pads and using them as teethers! Maybe I'll try that next time around.

ginny4

used bundle me in the stroller. i have to say i miss the bundle me now that my babies are too big. headsupports used in stroller & swing

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC