How's this for a happy face?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'm late posting this, but better late than never, right? :cool:

This was last Thursday:
yexj.jpg

Ds is officially ff'ing in our truck now. I'd wanted to get him through the winter and it's pretty much over now and I'm quite frankly tired of folding his legs in to a rf'ing seat in the truck. :eek:

Here's a pic of him in the MR right before I switched seats:
208tqx2.jpg

He has about 2" left above his head still - the pillow makes the picture look deceiving.

He's still rf'ing in the car and will be for awhile longer yet until I figure out head excursion space. ;) I explained up front to him that he'd be ff'ing in the truck and rf'ing in the car and he's been in the car without complaint a few times since then, so I think we'll be fine with ff'ing in one and rf'ing in the other. :D

I think we did pretty good for him to make it to 3yrs and 5mos with him never having a ff'ing ride (aside from the plane,) so I certainly don't feel bad turning him ff'ing now even if he's only 31lbs dripping wet. :love:

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Ah, he looks so cute! Is that the EFTA? It looks really nice FF.

DD rode FF for the first time on Saturday for a 3.5 hour drive and now she's grumbling about not being able to see the DVD player now that I flipped her seat back. :ROTFLMAO:

Did he actually like the pillow in the MR? DD flipped that thing over the back her first ride. I've tried to put it back over the last few months and she keeps flipping it out of her way so I just took it off!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Thanks. :) Lol about the DVD player, I saw your post about that which is what reminded me that I hadn't posted this yet.

He never really seemed to care about the pillow much actually. I think he flipped it out of the way sometimes, but never cared if it was under him either.

That is the EFTA he's in now. It fits great in our truck and I love how easy it is to use. The harness is such a perfect fit on him too, which was ultimately the reason I decided on putting it in over the TF. He's fairly narrow in the shoulders and having the harness even with the shoulders makes such a difference in fit.
Though I still debate about putting the TF in because I hate to have such a nice seat not in use, lol.

Too bad dh wouldn't accept the need to use another carseat as a reason to have a baby. :p

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
That is the EFTA he's in now. It fits great in our truck and I love how easy it is to use. The harness is such a perfect fit on him too, which was ultimately the reason I decided on putting it in over the TF. He's fairly narrow in the shoulders and having the harness even with the shoulders makes such a difference in fit.
Oh yes, that would make a great difference. It was hard to figure out what slot DD needed FF on the TF. She's on slot 3 RF which is at her shoulders. FF it seemed at her shoulders, but of course to be certain I had to have the seat installed and her buckled in. Then it seemed a tad below. So, then I had to uninstall the seat to move it up! (our vehicle seats prevent the harness from being adjusted when the seat is installed FF! GRRRR!) Then slot 4 seemed too high, so of course I uninstalled it AGAIN to put it down to 3, which seemed to low, and then uninstalled AGAIN to go back up to 4! :ROTFLMAO: I kept them at 4, but I didn't like how high they looked on her. She didn't seem bothered by it, but I was. I had almost considered keeping her FF until the high straps bugged me so much, so RF she'll stay and by the time she's FF in the TF, the 4th slot should fit her better and I won't be so irked by it.

Though I still debate about putting the TF in because I hate to have such a nice seat not in use, lol.

Too bad dh wouldn't accept the need to use another carseat as a reason to have a baby. :p
Yes I am going to use this logic on DH. He is irked that I just recently bought the MR's and that they don't work FF. He thinks it's such a waste and was commenting that he wished we'd get more use out of them. ;)

Kat_Momof3

well, he's just a really long and skinny kiddo... you did great keeping him rf only up till now and more amazing that he'll be rearfacing still in the MR for awhile.

I think he's one kid who will outgrow the MR by height before the rf weight limit.

featherhead

well, he's just a really long and skinny kiddo... you did great keeping him rf only up till now and more amazing that he'll be rearfacing still in the MR for awhile.

I think he's one kid who will outgrow the MR by height before the rf weight limit.

My dd will too (though usually her baby sister rides in it). She is 26 lbs right now, and about 2 inches to grow I think.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC