I need new pockets

Splash

Charlie's pockets are dying. He's been in the same ones for almost a year, and our washing system is fairly brutal, so I'm shocked they've lasted this long!

AJ really like swaddlebees, but the large is almost too small for Charlie, so we're not ordering any more. I love Mommy's Touch, but they're time consuming and he doesn't hang out for EIGHT snaps anymore. We both love FB, but the medium is too small and the large is too big (fits, but major wing droop). Soooo....

I think we're looking mostly for aplix probably. All I can think of is Drybees and Happy Heinys... maybe Mother Eve. Has anyone use the Mother Eve ones? AJ hates bumGenius (so do I) so those are out.

No Hyena! I know there are lots of wonderful diapers out there, but I am not going hyena.

Any ideas?

ADS

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
We had a few Happy Heinys. I didn't care for them but a friend borrowed them and absolutely loved them... Awesome prints, too :p

For the FuzziBunz not fitting, which large doesn't fit - the Tall or the Regular Large?

Splash

Regular. I've never heard of a tall large. There is only preemie, small, medium, large, XL, XXL, and petite toddler to the best of my knowledge. Petite toddler is out because it's the same width as M but a longer rise.

The mediums fit on the last snap. So they FIT, but not good enough that I'm going to shell out $18 for new ones! The larges fit for nighttime (lots of stuffing) and daytime on the smallest hip and second smallest thigh setting, but the wing droop is pretty bad. Man I wish they would make an aplix FB!

I'm not opposed to a WAHM diaper, just not hyena.

LuvBug

I dont know what is considered hyena now, but the harleyz pocket diapers were nice and werent hyena when I CD. The waist was always super adjustable, as well as the rise.
Also very baby made a pocket diaper back then, but I dont know about now?
Im way out of the loop lol!

Forgot to add that they both had medium/large and medium long back then.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
I think I was talking about petite toddler, not "tall"... Ya know, when FB first came out, they did have Aplix. You might could still find some on eBay. But then again, it may be easier to get something else at this point.

Splash

No, we don't do used diapers. In addition to the health reasons (just not worth it with a kid with a compromised immune system), I just have a problem with the whole idea. I would not buy used underwear for myself, and adults don't really do anything in them. I'm definitely not going to buy used underwear for my kid!

Jenny- Hyena is... auctions of a sort. WAHMs list their stuff at a certain time, and people bid to get them. Ridiculous prices, too. We're not talking deals here, but sometimes $40 or more for ONE diaper. It's insane. I don't collect diapers or buy them for fashion accessories or status symbols! I just want a normal diaper. Some WAHMs don't even sell diapers on hyena, they sell the OPPORTUNITY for you to buy a diaper from them.

arly1983

Oh, wow, I had no idea the world of cloth diapers was so confusing. I thought you got them from wal-mart with some diaper pins.

scatterbunny

Jenny- Hyena is... auctions of a sort. WAHMs list their stuff at a certain time, and people bid to get them. Ridiculous prices, too. We're not talking deals here, but sometimes $40 or more for ONE diaper. It's insane. I don't collect diapers or buy them for fashion accessories or status symbols! I just want a normal diaper. Some WAHMs don't even sell diapers on hyena, they sell the OPPORTUNITY for you to buy a diaper from them.

Wow--that's kind of crazy.

Stresch

I think that the petite toddler are acutally slightly narrower than medium. At least that seemed to be the case when we were trying them out. Not that it really matters in your case.

We are pretty much all prefolds here, so I have no real insight. But Imse Vimse covers are the best, which also probably doesn't help you.

Splash

I love prefolds and wool... and I have tons of fabulous fitteds. We didn't do pockets for a long time, for a lot of reasons (expense, hassle, etc) but when we started, she got hooked on them! We started using them at night only because he was having issues with the wool (with everything!) and plain PUL covers were not holding overnight. Well.... she decided she really liked them. Then several people gave us some, so we used them. Now she's hooked. If I have him, I use prefolds or fitteds. But, since she wasn't 100% on board with the cloth thing anyway, and she's the primary care giver, I go along with the pockets!
I've never used an Imse Vimse cover. My fav wool is 7th Heaven from Green Mountain Diapers, or Disana. A friend sent me some real Disana covers from Germany last year that I feel absolutely in love with.
I wish we could do wool full time, because I have 6 or 7 really nice wool covers. But, it's a part time thing. I thought about putting him in wool tonight, but I haven't lanolized in a long time and didn't want to risk it.

Stresch

The Imse Vimse (used to be called Bumpy) work for us because they have gussets and are so adjustable which is key for the teeny child. We also have some wool ones which I like because they are so breathable. Of course, she smells like babypee all night, but I'm used to it.

racesmom

Senior Community Member
HUGE Snap-EZ fan here! I've never had a leak in the solid PUL pockets. Been using the same larges since March of 2005. They still look nearly new. Ruth is the BEST to work with if you need help. Lots of cute color combos, fleece or s/c inners, hip snapping so no wing droop, pockets big enough to really stuff if needed, but trim enough to hold the insert in place. Can you tell I love them? :D I think we have around 20 solid, print and fleece. They're the best in my book.

cadensmommy

Senior Community Member
my fav is Fuzzi fannies I also love Nothin butt cloth ( both work at home moms) NBC is all in ones all in twos which I love! but Fuzzi is just pockets! good luck!

Clarissa

tchrgrrl

Splash, Have you tried a PT FB? They are supposed to be just tall mediums but on my kiddo they fit different. We still get way too much wing droop in a large and a medium is too short and tight - but the PT is perfecto!

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Splash--

Try www.greenacredesigns.com

These are very well loved (not used---i'm with you) brand of diaps on another board I'm on. As a matter of fact the owner even joined the boards because so many mommies from our board were buying from her.

Susan

abacus2

mtdiaperstore.com carries two new types of pocket diapers: Haute pockets which are one-size like bumGenius but have fleece inners and a snap-closing option and Pocket Change which have the bonus of coming with two great inserts and not needing to be unstuffed before washing. Have you tried the bumGenius 2.0? It's much nicer than the original version. I also like the previously mentioned SnapEZ and Green Acre Designs (GADs).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC