Help choose new seat!

Im getting $52 for my crashed scenera. Im thinking of going with the TF...... Dont really like the MR but havent really played with it much or even put her in it....... Im looking to spend no more than about $100 but less would be great, money is tight. Stats are im guessing 30lbs 31in unsure of torso. Shes on second slots of scenera with about an inch or so to the third slot rfing. Help! What would you go with?? Thnx :)

ADS

Spam

Obviously the MR will give you more time rfing since she's already 30lbs. I love my tfs and am sad A is reaching the 35lb limit. But if you plan to use the seat ff you may want to go with TF as it generally makes a better forward facing seat than the myride.

F

fergusonmommy414

i always have issues with any evenflo seat i've ever worked with............ the myrides straps are a little on the twisty side. but ilove the leg room it gives my DD. she's 36" with a 13" torso and 29ish lbs. she's on the middle slots RFing. before she settles into the seats seh looks even with the 4th slot up (the last RFing slot) but she settles in and when i go to get her sleepin booty out she's a good .5" below it. hths

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
FWIW, the MR is a Graco seat :)

If your daughter is already 30lbs at 18mos, I would go with a MR, CA, or Radian. The MR is the only one of those that you might have a chance at getting at/around $100. The only way I'd go with a TF is if you're totally comfortable turning her around age two, possibly before, whenever she'd hit 35lbs. I love my MR, but I know everyone likes something different... I'd go play with one (take the infant padding out!) and if you still don't like it, go with the TF.

If you can't get either within your budget, check out the Safety 1st Uptown/Avenue, it's not HWH but will probably get you to 35lbs RFing, since the shell is taller than the Scenera, and give you some time to save up more for a HWH seat.

arly1983

I second the Avenue for a good budget seat and it will most likely get her to 35 lbs RFing as it has a very tall shell for a 40 lb seat.

The only new HWH seat you will get for close to $100 is the MR. I would try before you buy this one. You will want to make sure you try it RFing and FFing in your car to make sure it works both ways.

If you are happy with make it to two RFing then the TF will probably get you there and maybe farther. It will last a while FFing as well.

There was a radianSL65 for $115 shipped on swap from a very reputable CPST. I am not sure if its still there but it would be great for extended RFing and extended harnessing.

I think the TF wins! But would like a radian! I wish i would have jumped at tha $119 price mistake at diapers.com :p Ill look through swap though. Thnx everyone again! Oh and does anyone know what kind of latch connectors the TF has? I dont wanna start a new thread.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC