Just got back for the seat check AND!!!

Michi

Two great things happened....

1) I got to meet Nisi !!!!:D She was very sweet and helpful, and it was so fun meeting someone from this site face to face!

2) I got NO misuse!!! - event the new Regent was installed correctly!!!
( I do have some towels under my seats that I probably should take out - and I will the next time I change the harness height or wash the cover - but Nisi said that they are not affecting the installation, so I can leave them for now.)

I was sort of hoping to turn Annabelle RF again, but we decided to leave her FF because
A) My husband really wasnt her FF (...because she's much happier/quieter when she can see the DVD player)
and
B) The seat where her carseat is installed has a lapbelt only, and it was hitting the RF lockoffs at a really weird angle. We were a little worried it would break them, AND finally, the installation wasn't as tight as the FF because the belt is forward of the bight. Nisi said we could get it tighter, but I figure I didn't want to make her go through all that effort ( when DH would probably only make me change it when I got home anyways.)

Thanks Nisi - I had fun!

ADS

becca011906

Senior Community Member
very cool, to bad about the rfing thing... but how old is she... 2 years, but is that early 2 or later 2??? I have turned allie back ffing, she was ffing since 13 months till i foudn this site right after she turned 2 and turned her back around in aug. and just fliped back ffing this past month b/c of her pushin on the back of the seat trying to get a more then 45* angle (she really liked to recline) and at 31lbs and 2y and 6m i felt she is OK, although i refuse to put her outboard now which is a pain at times...

Michi

She is 2 yrs 3 months - ( and she's pretty tiny, too @ 25lbs)

I think once the weather warms up I may try to play around with it a little more and see if I can get it in RF. ( I have also misplaced my D-ring :rolleyes: so I have to find that anyways...)

skipspin

Man, I'm so dissapointed I missed our local check. I was signed up to help, but DH and I both had a stomach virus ALL day Friday. Even though I feel better (not perfect, but no puking) , I'm still not 100% so between that and being a few weeks from having this baby I figured I'd better rest at home and not share any lingering germs. I was excited about getting my seats checked off and getting in one good check before I have the baby and it gets much more difficult.
My last seat check I got a stomach virus on the way home and made a mess all over my car...maybe this is a sign? LOL

Michi

Oh and here's the two seats...side by side
IMG_1817.jpg

nisi

Senior Community Member
Aww, thanks! I had fun too! First time I ever met someone from the boards :)

And I have to say, you had those seats in great. That was the first time in 3.5 years that I was able to check the "no misuse" box. Good job! Ok, so technically the towels are misuse but I wouldn't worry about them. They're thin, not compressible, and they don't change the installation at all. It was one of those things where I have to cover my butt for liability and tell you we don't recommend them, even though I'd be perfectly comfortable using them in my own car :rolleyes:

If you change your dh's mind about turning Annabelle back rf, I'd be happy to help you. I'm sure with a little finesse we could get it in just as tight as ff!

Michi

Thanks Nisi! Wow, I feel honored!
( I AM going to keep working on DH about the RF, too!) ;)
Now , if I could only find that D-ring.....:rolleyes:

It was a pleasure to meet you, and I hope to see you again soon!
Michi

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC