Help for a friend please - choosing a seat question

momto2princes

Hi all,

I am posting to double check that the advice I gave a friend was good and ask a few things too.

Child: Her daughter is 9 months old and 18lbs about ready to out grow the snugride and is looking for a new convertible seat. She is a close friend of mine and has heard from me all about car seat safety and will keep her rear facing until the limits of the new seat will allow.
Vehicle: Dodge Caravan 2005 child uses outboard middle row captains chair behind the driver.

1st recommendation was the Radian XT as I love mine. I just want to make sure there were no huge install issues in her vehicle. I don't think I have heard of any.

2nd recommendation would be to look at the Safety First Complete Air. I haven't had any hands on experience with this one yet but based on what I have seen and heard on here it could be a good fit too.

I think we are going to start with looking at these and see which one fits Paige best figuring that either will probably fit well in the vehicle.

Are there any other seats you would suggest we look at. Price isn't a huge factor. I told her if it was we would look at the TrueFit but she didn't seems to concerned with the price tag on the seats I mentioned.

We want to stay away from the 3n1's and just a convertible seat is ok she will get a dedicated booster when the time comes.

Thanks for your time!

ADS

sparkyd

I assume you are focusing on those two seats because of the 40/45 lb rear-facing limits, but I'd also look at the MyRide and the True Fit. The True Fit is the only one of the bunch that only RFs to 35 lbs, but unless the child is very heavy that will still last a long time RF. And the True Fit is nice and tall for taller kids without taking up tons of room RF. They are both less expensive than the two you mentioned, but not because they aren't just as good (or better depending on your perspective).

I've gotta say I don't get the love people have for the Radian. I'm sure I'll be over the moon for it if I eventually need 3-across (which is why I got one), but I only "like" it. Definitely don't "love" it. Would never get one if not for the 3-across thing. :shrug-shoulders:

momto2princes

I forgot about the MyRide. I will look at that one for sure. I never felt the True Fit love I can't explain it but I just don't like it.
The reason I love my Radian is it just feels solid, I like its low profile for kids being able to climb in and out on their own with ease, I like the chest clip closure.

sparkyd

I forgot about the MyRide. I will look at that one for sure. I never felt the True Fit love I can't explain it but I just don't like it.
The reason I love my Radian is it just feels solid, I like its low profile for kids being able to climb in and out on their own with ease, I like the chest clip closure.

Sorry - I wasn't trying to pick on the fact that you in particular love your Radian, I just hear that a lot around here - lots of Radian love - and I don't get it. Except for the 3-across and maybe for travelling (if you don't mind that it weighs a ton). That I get. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC