~give me your info on double jogging strollers~

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I have this one. http://www.joggingstroller.com/Valco-Tri-Mode-Twin.pro I LOVE it. Even my dh likes it. Though I admit, we don't actually jog w/it. ;) LOL It's our main stroller. We live on a farm, and we take it 'off road' regularly. We've taken it camping. And the mall. The drs. The zoo. There is nothing this puppy can't do.

I didn't pay full price...I got a floor model, so I got it significantly cheaper. However, if you will be using it a lot...it's well worth retail.

msg221

I LOVE my BOB Revolution Duallie. I have the Stroller Strides version, which comes with the handlebar console and the Stroller Strides fitness kit. It's $20more than the regular Revolution Duallie, but if you buy just the regular version, it doesn't come with the handlebar console (which is $20, sold separately), so really, it's a better deal. Also, I wanted red anyway, so it worked out.

Anyway, you can take this stroller anywhere. In fact, I just took my 21 month old godchildren to the zoo this past weekend and it handled like a dream. It fits through every doorway I've ever tried and you can't even feel the weight of the kids in it. In this case, about 46 pounds of kids plus a diaper bag! The stroller itself is light given that it's a double stroller. My only complaint is that the storage basket isn't that great and like other double strollers, it is bulky, but I can still fit it in the back of my 2003 Highlander. It does fold easily though. It also cleans up easily (damp cloth), hose off the wheels if needed.

The price for the stroller ranges from $569-$589, but usually twice a year, you can get them on sale via online retailers and REI.com. If there is an REI near you, they offer free shipping to the store. I ordered mine through Amazon.com to take advanage of free shipping and no sales tax. My stepdaughter also has one for her twins and loves it as well.

I also recommend storing a small bike pump in the storage bag on the back of the seat, in case the tires get low on air!

http://www.bobgear.com/strollers/stroller_accessories.php?product_id=17

galesville

My son just turned a year..he is around 25lb and our daughter (due march 27th). I have checked and checked CL with no luck :(..the ones that are getting sold dont have the swivel tire.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Honestly, I think you are going to be hard pressed to find one that fits your needs in that price range, even used. I'd be asking grandparents/friends/etc that in lieu of baby gifts, you would like to a buy a double jogger but would like contributions to go towards the purchase. You will never regret buying a quality stroller, but you could have a lot of regrets buying a cheap one. That doesn't mean you can't get a good deal on a quality stroller either. You just have to be patient, watch for sales, hit the consignment shops, check CL DAILY etc. There are deals to be had. :)

miraclebabies

I have the schwinn double from walmart.com. I got it for $200 or so, it has a front swival wheel and a huge canopy. I love it and my tall 3yr old fits and so do my short 1yr old and newborn son. I have also seen the Istep double jogger on there website , it has a front swival and looked nice too. The only reason I chose this one is cause it had a adjustable handle cause Dh and I are tall. I can't say enough about it. I have seen many that don't swival and I couldn't imagine trying to steer or push the thing.

Jennifer mom to my 7

I have the schwinn double from walmart.com. I got it for $200 or so, it has a front swival wheel and a huge canopy. I love it and my tall 3yr old fits and so do my short 1yr old and newborn son. I have also seen the Istep double jogger on there website , it has a front swival and looked nice too. The only reason I chose this one is cause it had a adjustable handle cause Dh and I are tall. I can't say enough about it. I have seen many that don't swival and I couldn't imagine trying to steer or push the thing.

Yes, the instep and the schwinn are actually decent, but it depends on child's build. My 2-3 year old at the time would have been way above the backrest of a schwinn. Short torsos, schwinn and instep are good. Longer torsos, eh, I would leave them behind, kwim?

The thing with craigslist is to be diligent, and check all.the.time. That is usually the only way to find a good deal on a good stroller.

msg221

I agree with Kayskidz. You may want to ask family for gift cards or whatever contributions toward a good stroller. You really won't regret spending the extra $$ on a good quality stroller. I found out the hard way when I bought a different double stroller then turned around and sold it on Craigslist several months later because I didn't like it. After that, I waited for the BOB to go on sale and used the money I made selling the other stroller toward the BOB purchase. I definitely don't regret buying it. And since the weight limit is 50 lbs. for each seat, it will get a lot of use. Also, I believe the BOB strollers have good resale value so I am sure if I listed it on Craigslist, it would easily sell.

lovinwaves

Great advice!

You can also check this site www.returns4sale.com

if you are going to just be using it on a gravel road, I would think you might be able to get away with a fixed front wheel. If so, the price of the stroller might be significantly less. :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC