Sqeeee - my Zellers got new seats!!!!

mommycat

Remember how I was disappointed about the local Walmart losing almost all decent seat options from their lineup? ZELLERS JUST MADE UP FOR IT!!! :love:

I went by today and the new, bursting at the seams line-up included:

- Complete Air (black/charcoal) $279.99
- Graco MyRide (black/grey with overlapping circles) $229.97
- Evenflo Maestro (black/charcoal/red piping) $129.97

- First Years True Fit (some of the old Misty Morning and also a C630C-RTS model, new but not ARB) $199.99
- Graco Nautilus (the light grey one they had before) is it $259?? I couldn't find the price
- Cosco Alpha Omegas (black/pink piping and some of the more square ones, and the Enspira as well but I am not counting that in my Squeee) $179.99
- Cosco Scenera, as usual $99
- bunch of boosters, including a couple of HB Turboboosters
- whatever unexciting infant seats, and travel systems, some with a Graco SR but no SR32/35s

I know where I can direct people for their CR buying needs locally now! :D :D :D

I wrote all the seats and prices down and then ran to CS to gush about how happy I was and that I was a tech, and the lady photocopied my scribbled list and will pass it on to the buying dept or whatever she called it to let them know these are the seats that got a positive review. :D I wrote out "MyRide" and "Maestro" but I hope they can figure out what a CA, TF and Nauti are. :p The AO was scribbled down too. Didn't have the rest down since they weren't quite as exciting. :p

ADS

ElaynesMom

How exciting. I was in my local zellers today but they seemed to have nothing new out. I hope we get some of these new seats soon.

What was the new True Fit cover like?

mommycat

The new TF was in a box and I didn't look too closely, but the code was C630C-RTS which sounds like the old TF model with a different cover? I think the harness adjuster looked different in the picture than the MMO one but wouldn't promise to be right. It was a dark cover in the pic I think, black/charcoal/dk brown/similar combo, I think. Seems like they really like to go for the neutral covers at Zellers. I had to get back home to let the sitter go home and I had already taken too long so I gave up looking for all the details. Sorry.

April

Wow, a CA and a MR and a Maestro! That's pretty darn good for Zellers! Our Zellers has been out of stock of GNs for like 6 months. Hopefully we will get some of those sweet new seat soon. Woot!

ElaynesMom

The new TF was in a box and I didn't look too closely, but the code was C630C-RTS which sounds like the old TF model with a different cover? I think the harness adjuster looked different in the picture than the MMO one but wouldn't promise to be right. It was a dark cover in the pic I think, black/charcoal/dk brown/similar combo, I think. Seems like they really like to go for the neutral covers at Zellers. I had to get back home to let the sitter go home and I had already taken too long so I gave up looking for all the details. Sorry.

That's ok, I'm kinda hoping they appear in my zellers soon so I can see myself anyways ;)

That really is an amzing lineup for zellers.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
With Zeller's does a price ending in .97 mean it's a sale price and .99 a regular price?

For people who have a BRU/TRU local to them, the prices may be cheaper at the BRU store. $129.99 is regular on the Maestro, and $269.99 is regular on the CA, and both of them go on sale. ;)

It's great that a local store has all those seats to choose from. I know a lot of people redeem HBC reward points for gift cards and that means some nice seats will be in reach of people even if they're on a limited budget. :thumbsup

mommycat

I am not aware of any such pricing rules. There were no "Sale" signs up in the section, so I think these are the full prices. It is also somewhat possible that I wrote down the wrong ending on some, I don't exactly pay too close attention to that part of the price... :eek:

snowbird25ca

I am not aware of any such pricing rules. There were no "Sale" signs up in the section, so I think these are the full prices. It is also somewhat possible that I wrote down the wrong ending on some, I don't exactly pay too close attention to that part of the price... :eek:

LOL, no need to be embarrassed. It just popped out at me because our prices are set up that way at work - ends in a 9 regular price, ends in a 7 sale price, ends in a 8 clearance price, ends in a 0 total clearance/final sale price. ;)

selinajean

Eeek! I hope that my Zellers has all of these when I get back home. That would be so exciting! They were getting cleared out of everything half-decent the last time that I was in.

mommycat

LOL, no need to be embarrassed. It just popped out at me because our prices are set up that way at work - ends in a 9 regular price, ends in a 7 sale price, ends in a 8 clearance price, ends in a 0 total clearance/final sale price. ;)
That's a really cool way to set things up. It appeals to me more than it should. LOL

I just realized that with all the new seats that were there, I didn;t notice that the Apex was gone. We had some of those for a while, but not anymore.

mommycat

That's often the case. However, it makes little difference in our town since WM just doesn't carry any of the "good" seats here... :( So if you want a WM seat you need to drive and spend $$ on gas to do so, which probably would come out about even if that was the only reason for the trip.

snowbird25ca

I was at Walmart today and it looks like their seats (many) are currently cheaper than Zellers.

Yeah, I know regular price on CA is $259 at walmart, and the MR is $209 there right now IIRC.

The good thing about zellers is that there are often stores in places that aren't big enough for walmart or TRU. So it puts nice seats in reach of more people. On the bright side, seats at Zellers go on sale regularly too, so even if they're more expensive regular price, they'll be great when they're on sale. :D

babychild taxi

Snowbird-you are so right about the pricing and sales at Zellers (where I got an amazing deal on a GN a few months ago:)

Thankfully there is a Walmart and Zellers where my friend lives. (no BRU). It's highly likely she will be buying a CA or My Ride in Ont. when little guy is d/c from Sick Kids. (WM-$194 in Van. area)

How do you like your CA? Is it good for RF, easy to install in a 2000 Honda van-Odyssey (sp), and good head support for a toddler with limited/varied head control? If you have any info, please post here or PM me-thanks!

It's great there are so many seat options out there!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC