i get to use my TFP for

susanx4

i get to use it for my friends newborn!!!! lol My friend had her baby on weds, and i am going to drive her to our LLL meeting on tuesday night! she isn't using an infant seat this time, so i told her i would put a seat in for her in my car instead of switching out her seat. i got the TFP when C was already 2 so i haven't ever used it for a tiny one!! my husband thinks i am nuts that i am excited to install it for her!

ADS

AlmostFive

Oooooh, I would be excited too! By the time we got our TF dd was big enough to need the headrest already. I have even considered having another baby just so that I can use the TF without the headrest and with all that comfy infant padding!

armywife12

I'd be excited too. I'm about to start a babysitting job and am excited to use our regular true fit for the 6 wk old little girl. I have a sporty blue cover but I'm sure she'll rock it lol.

natysr

Oh fun! You will most likely need a rolled towel or pool noodles for a newborn install. Install it with the car on a flat surface, and follow the ball guide. It is accurate. Though the seat will look like it is overreclined.

Have fun!

soygurl

Oh fun! You will most likely need a rolled towel or pool noodles for a newborn install. Install it with the car on a flat surface, and follow the ball guide. It is accurate. Though the seat will look like it is overreclined.

Have fun!

Can I ask how you know/determined that the ball guide is accurate?

I've heard many people say that both the level guides on the TF or TFP are accurate, and maybe the TFP ball guide IS , but I did several installs on a level surface with my TF (line guide), and took a protractor+bubble level to it (w/ and w/o the insert), and well... :eek: totally not accurate. :twocents:

That said, for a newborn, I'd totally error on the side of caution, and follow the manufacturer's guide. The risks of a possibly over-reclined seat (with plenty of shell above the head, and correct strap placement) totally pale in comparison to the need for airway protection with a newborn. :thumbsup:

susanx4

yeah i figure i will need a towel, its perfect for Caroline with out anything but, but it will need help for a newborn for sure!
they currently have her in a crappy sport, straps fit her but i think its to upright, with the even though the indicator is in the green for RF, i told her husband to do a rolled towel to get it more reclined for her, but i am not sure they did :-/

natysr

Can I ask how you know/determined that the ball guide is accurate?

I've heard many people say that both the level guides on the TF or TFP are accurate, and maybe the TFP ball guide IS , but I did several installs on a level surface with my TF (line guide), and took a protractor+bubble level to it (w/ and w/o the insert), and well... :eek: totally not accurate. :twocents:

That said, for a newborn, I'd totally error on the side of caution, and follow the manufacturer's guide. The risks of a possibly over-reclined seat (with plenty of shell above the head, and correct strap placement) totally pale in comparison to the need for airway protection with a newborn. :thumbsup:

I used the trusty folded peice of paper trick. :thumbsup:

susanx4

yes!!! lol, i took it out and put all the pads in it this morning! took off the head rest, lowered the straps! woohoo i cant put it in till later this afternoon or my DD1 will have no place to sit when i pick her up from school! but i REALLY wanna go put it in NOW! i will take pics with and without baby!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC