Size of Frontier

mommyof3tx

I went to the DFW family expo today and Britax was there so I got to see the Frontier 85 and it seems so comfy and now of course I "need" to replace my Nautilus that is my almost 5yr olds :) But it's a tight fit back there, I didn't have anything to measure it, anyone happen to know the width of the seat? It looked like it wasn't as big as the Nautilus.

Also how does the size of the Parkway compare to the Graco Turbobooster? I've been looking for a new booster for my almost 7yr old. They had it there too and it's much more padded, but the same shape, which is what he wants.

I have to fit them in 3 across so gotta be sure they will fit :) I also got a $50 coupon for the Frontier 85 and $20 off the Parkway...now to convince DH it's worth it with those :whistle:

ADS

mommyof3tx

Oh and one more....do you think getting the 85 is actually worth it over the regular frontier? The $50 off also works on the regular frontier. What features does the 85 have that the regular doesn't?

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

There is a review that Darren did here.

http://carseatblog.com/?p=5751

It does have a higher harness height that is more in line with the Regent. If I was buying one today I'd buy the 85. But I have a tall kiddo. My kid has two more clicks on the the Frontier and I'm hoping they will have more cover choices when I buy the 85. :rolleyes:

mommyof3tx

Thanks

I found the chart with all the size info so it looks like the older frontier is just a bit wider than the Nautilus so I think we could make that work.

I'm wondering how useful the higher harness would be for us. How much higher is the older frontier compared to the Nautilus? My almost 5yr old is on the 2nd highest on the Nautilus for the harness and only about 38lbs. So I'm thinking that really it's not even going to be worth it to add 5more lbs and higher slots? He's already really mature and could probably sit in a booster no problems, I'm just not ready for him to of course.

I guess there is really no real reason to get the frontier, just looked really nice and more comfy for him...and of course just to buy new seats. But I wonder if it would be better just to wait a year or so and buy a parkway for him...go ahead and buy the first one now...to free up some room in the back seat instead of using the nautilus as a booster.

Kat_Momof3

see, the harness height is actually not the important thing to me usually with this seat (except for extremely long torsos and huge kids outgrowing the old frontier and not ready for boosters)... it's the cupholders.... that are as good as the Nautilus.

I know they aren't a safety feature... but kids love them... and so... since the two seats are the same price, and you're wanting to replace the Nauti, which has one heck of a cupholder, I'd spring for one that will also have impressive cupholders.

Ruthie is still mourning the loss of the Nauti and it's cupholder as she is now in her Vivo, which has no cupholder... it's why she prefers to ride in the third row, which I hate to let her do, as Damian sits back there and is bugged by her.... so I want her in the 2nd row with Jeffrey.

mommyof3tx

Yeah I was thinking about that but in reality we don't let them have cups in the car really, he's almost 5 so doesn't use a sippy cup and other cups don't really go in the car so I'm not sure we'd miss it too much?

I was just told about some codes at diapers.com and it looks like if I do both the older frontier and parkway with all my codes and if they do honor these coupons it will be $205 total for both...not sure I can pass that up

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC