We played with car seats yesterday! *pics*

Mom2FiveGirls

I had to go to Best Buy to pick up something for DH and Buy Buy Baby and Babies R Us are close by, so I just had to go play with car seats (I don't go out that way very often). A friend of mine is on bedrest and I told her I'd check out seats for her and take pics.

Here are the girls stats:

DD#5-2 years 8.5 months old, 28 lbs, 37 inches, 13.5" torso (best I could measure anyway...it might be a little off)

DD#4-4 years 6 months old, 37 lbs, 40 inches, 14.5" torso (again, best I could measure...her and DD#5 weren't exactly cooperative when I was trying to measure).

DD#3-5 years 11 months old, 39 lbs, 44 inches, 17 inch torso

"Baby Allie" (DD#5's doll)-16.5 inches, 6.5 inch torso (I didn't realize she's missing an eye lash until I was looking at the pictures...and her sleeper is too big, so her feet aren't at the end of the sleeper...)

Eddie Bauer 3 in 1:
Baby Allie
DSC_0782.jpg
The straps are too high on the lowest setting
DD#5
DSC_0783.jpg

I didn't try DD#4 in this one because I didn't want to take the head rest out. She's over the weight limit for RFing and is on the last setting FFing (since you can use the highest setting in the newer seats...correct?)

Graco MyRide 65:
Baby Allie
DSC_0786.jpg

DSC_0787.jpg

DSC_0788.jpg
I thought it fit very well.
I didn't put my girls in this one since we have a MR at home, but here are pictures of them in ours:
DD#4
P1030140.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

DD#5
DSC_0828.jpg

DSC_0829.jpg

Britax Roundabout 50:
Baby Allie
DSC_0789.jpg

DSC_0790.jpg
Bottom slots are way too high

DD#4
DSC_0791.jpg

DSC_0792.jpg

DSC_0793.jpg
second from bottom harness slot

DD#5 (second from bottom harness slot...she's over the RFing weight limit, so she'd have to go FFing and move the harness up a slot, but I didn't feel like taking the time to do it...)
DSC_0794.jpg

DSC_0795.jpg

ADS

Mom2FiveGirls

Radian XTSL:
Baby Allie
DSC_0796.jpg

DD#5 (just sitting in it...a man working there kept rolling his eyes at me and asking if I needed anything (although I'd told him several times I was just checking out several seats for a friend of mine who is on bedrest...) and every time I'd finish with a seat and put it up, he'd come by and check to make sure everything was put back like it was (if I moved the harness I made sure to move it back to where it was when I finished, etc..). I was annoyed at this point, so I just sat them in it, took pics, and we left).
DSC_0800.jpg

DD#4 (again just sitting in it)
DSC_0799.jpg

Mom2FiveGirls

Then we went to Babies R Us (where no one seemed to care that I was messing with all the seats and taking pics, etc)...

Graco Snugride 32
Baby Allie
DSC_0807.jpg

DD#5
DSC_0804.jpg

DSC_0806.jpg
the top harness slot is right below her shoulder
DSC_0803.jpg

DSC_0802.jpg

OnBoard 35
Baby Allie
DSC_0812.jpg

DSC_0813.jpg

DSC_0814.jpg

DD#5
DSC_0808.jpg

DSC_0810.jpg

At this point the girls were hungry and sick of playing with car seats, so we left.

Mom2FiveGirls

I had to run in Target yesterday afternoon and took these...

OnBoard 35 again
I moved the straps and buckled DD#5 in this time...
DSC_0800-1.jpg

DSC_0802-1.jpg
(pretending to be asleep...)
DSC_0798-1.jpg

DSC_0799-1.jpg

I was really impressed with this seat. It has low bottom slots and seems like it would fit even tiny newborns well...and then last a while!

Complete Air
Baby Allie
DSC_0782-1.jpg

DSC_0783-1.jpg
(harness slots are to high)

DD#5
DSC_0786-1.jpg

DD#4 (next to the highest setting)
DSC_0788-1.jpg

DSC_0789-1.jpg

DD#3 (on the highest setting...she's above the slots, so outgrown FFing and she's too close to the RFing weight limit for my comfort anyway (she's at or just over 40 lbs some days...) but I still took the picture
DSC_0791-1.jpg

DSC_0792-1.jpg

Mom2FiveGirls

So neat. Looks like you had fun.

I love the red hair and the Hulk shirt on your girls. :)

Thanks :) Thankfully the girls like playing with car seats too. Lillian is in a super hero phase. She is such a girly girl (loves playing dress up, makeup, etc) but she also loves super heros! Of course DH thinks its awesome :)

mom2juliarose

I LOVE the orange onboard from BRU... was that part of a travel system or by itself? I was hoping to see the pattern on line--it's cute!!

my2boys0508

CPS Technician
I recommended the Onboard 35 to a friend of mine who is due with her little guy anyday now. I'm glad she got it, looks like it really will last a while and fit him perfectly as a newborn!! Thanks for the pics! :) Wish my boys would cooperate so I could go play with some seats at the store!

Kat_Momof3

Baby Allie is about the size Damian was at birth... he was 17" long and 4lbs 7oz... of course, when he came home, I'm not sure how long he was, and he was 5lbs, but the point is...

tells me the onboard 35 is a really good choice for preemies/multiples.... and how long it lasts is amazing... just comparing your dd's fit in the myride to it shows it lasts pretty long.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC