Question Seatbelt install with a Chrysler Pacifica?

MamaHarp

I am trying to re-install my Britax Blvd using the seatbelt - my DD1 has outgrown the LATCH limits. I am used to my Chevy Suburban where you pull the seatbelt out all the way, feed it back in as it clicks, and then you can tighten it where the seatbelt won't give. According to the Pacifica manual you are supposed to do the same thing, but I cannot get the seatbelt to resist pulling.

Is the seatbelt broken or am I doing it wrong?

I think the Pacifica is pretty new - maybe a 2008? It is a company car and I know it is the lowest end model available, if that makes any difference at all.

Thanks!

PS - We have an extra BLVD that we use in my husband's car for both kiddos (FF for the 4.5 yo and RF for the 20 mo), although I am shopping a 2nd seat for DD1 his car right now.

ADS

featherhead

Actually, you do not have to lock the seatbelt with your carseat. It has a lock off on either side. Just tighten up the belt and close the lock-off and you're done :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC