I want a chaperone

mominabigtruck

Am I the only one that feels this way because I haven't seen alot of posts on it since it came out. I know it's really expensive but seriously it is soooo nice. I was at the fancy baby store yesterday looking for the baby jogger double and they had the chaperone in so I was playing with it. I was really surprised at the fact that Malachi, who is almost a year old still fit in it with tons of room, like as much room as he has in his ss1. And I'm sure the sales girl is still making fun of me when she came back and caught me petting the cowmoo cover:eek: And the giant canopy!! Yes, I was swooning at the baby store over a carseat:D

Yeah, I know I have the ss1 and it works fine and I like it and everything but I've just never been in love with it. Maybe it's because I've always had one with a yucky boring cover, nothing pretty or really fancy. Anyways I am so close to going over there and putting one on layaway, yes, I am being sucked in by the layaway too. And I'm totally not mentioning the gorgeous pink minky aftermarket cover they had to go with it:whistle:

ADS

NVMBR02

I wanted one. So I bought one. And I don't like it. :( I still have it but I don't use it.

It is hard to install in my car. It takes up a lot of room front to back. The canopy sucks and always falls down and the base sticks.

It did fit my small baby well, even without the low birthweight foam. The harness adjuster is smooth and I love the no rethread harness. Plus I am a huge cowmoo fan.

Anyway, I wish I would have just gotten the keyfit like I had planned. Although I do love my Coccoro. :love:

mominabigtruck

I had a keyfit and I didn't love it either same as the ss1. The canopy was just plain sucky and don't get me started on the boring covers on it. Maybe this is why dh says I"m so difficult to get along with:rolleyes:

But what I'm hearing is there's a chance that there might be cowmoo chaperone in the swap section sometime in the future:whistle:

hrice

I had a Cowmoo Chaperone and LOVED IT! Yes it is large and takes up a good bit of space (front to back) in the car but that did not bother me. I loved how big the canopy is and that I could adjust the harness straps without dethreading them. The SIP headwings made me feel that my baby was super safe. If you already have a great car seat then it is an unneccessary splurge (Of course this is coming from the Mom that purchased it when her baby was 4 mos old and I already had a great Graco Safeseat! My baby was born in June and the Chaperone did not hit stores until August! I too just had to have it!)

But like I said...unnecessary splurge :)

Blondie87

Whenever we finally get pregnant, I really want to get a Chaperone. I need to go see it in person though, cuz I've never played with it yet. I'm a lil concerned that there hasn't been alot of posts on here about it, or mamas here that get it tho....

kidzndogz

I was in love with it too until my friend got it and I helped her install it. Yikes.

The base is HUGE and I've noticed in a lot of cars (we put it in her 4Runner, my CR-V, Kevin's Highlander, and Shaun's S-40) there is too much of an overhang of the base off the seat for it to be safe. The only car it worked in was hers, and even then it BARELY was passing IMO. I had to basically body slam the rebound bar into the back of the seat while she tightened the belt, just to get a barely passable overhang.

When the seat is in the base, it's so big it blocks her view.

But she loves it for it's anti-rebound bar and the way he fits in the seat. :)

I do love the harness/headrest adjuster on it.

It's actually sitting here on the floor looking all innocent at me right now as I'm babysitting her kid. I'd believe it's innocence if it had a better base. :p

mominabigtruck

Hmm, so I'm going to have to go back and try it in the van. I have captain's chairs though so size isn't really an issue for me, it's not like I'm trying to squeeze it into the back of a car. I did notice that it did seem like a big bucket overall. I use my stroller alot though, if it's any kind of distance even walking to the dr's office I get it out so carrying it isn't that big of a deal for me.

NVMBR02

The base is HUGE and I've noticed in a lot of cars (we put it in her 4Runner, my CR-V, Kevin's Highlander, and Shaun's S-40) there is too much of an overhang of the base off the seat for it to be safe. The only car it worked in was hers, and even then it BARELY was passing IMO. I had to basically body slam the rebound bar into the back of the seat while she tightened the belt, just to get a barely passable overhang.

This is very true. The base did not fit in dh's car and barely fit in mine. I did the math when I first had it installed an only 82% of the base was on the seat. It didn't work in the middle where I had wanted it. :(

When I do get around to selling it I will likely try to sell it locally because I hate shipping things

steph_s

Had one, hated it! It seems heavy, awkward to carry, hard to install, takes up far too much room, is a tad too confining for little ones (which is good in the car, but not so great when you have a doctors appointment and need someplace to put the baby while the older one is getting checked out).

Then again I've had a lot of infant seats and not many of them I truly love. I like the keyfit ok, but there are a few little things about it that I seriously dislike. I didn't really care for my ss or any graco carrier for that matter. I have no real reasons why just didn't. I am really loving my onboard 35 though. I have no idea why, but this seat is comfortable to carry fits bigger babies and super small ones and it's easy to install.

BellesMom

Am I the only one that feels this way because I haven't seen alot of posts on it since it came out. I know it's really expensive but seriously it is soooo nice. I was at the fancy baby store yesterday looking for the baby jogger double and they had the chaperone in so I was playing with it. I was really surprised at the fact that Malachi, who is almost a year old still fit in it with tons of room, like as much room as he has in his ss1. And I'm sure the sales girl is still making fun of me when she came back and caught me petting the cowmoo cover:eek: And the giant canopy!! Yes, I was swooning at the baby store over a carseat:D

Yeah, I know I have the ss1 and it works fine and I like it and everything but I've just never been in love with it. Maybe it's because I've always had one with a yucky boring cover, nothing pretty or really fancy. Anyways I am so close to going over there and putting one on layaway, yes, I am being sucked in by the layaway too. And I'm totally not mentioning the gorgeous pink minky aftermarket cover they had to go with it:whistle:

I want one too! Especially since the Snug Ride I have will expire when DS (due in June) is six months old. (My other two lasted until at least 7 months in it). Actually, I would just like a bucket that goes to 30lbs, but I keep telling myself that if I don't buy a new one, that's extra $$ I will have to buy a convertible in a few months. Plus, I'll be buying my dd (5y/o) a Frontier 85 soon, and I want a new double stroller ...and an Ergo ... baby gear is so (too!) much fun.

Calleiah

Im thinking about one for this baby, but need to go try it out in my truck. Let me ask those of you who have one; If you install it without the base (like in another car) does it hang off the seat? Is there any rule about overhang without the base? That would be my only concern if I have to use it in DH's Saturn.

I cant wait to go play with one! :D

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Without the base it doesn't take up as much room though it's still a large seat. The 80/20 rule applies to all seats regardless of install with or without the base (unless the seat specifies 100% must be on the seat of course.)

I've played with it in the store and really don't love it, like the way I "love" the Keyfit even though I never plan to buy an infant seat again, they're too much hassle for me. I wasn't even "it's pretty nice" like I am with the OnBoard or the SR35. I actually kind of disliked it. Though I don't have the level of hatred for it I have for, say, the Peg seats.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I just bought one for the new baby coming in May and I LOVE it. It fits fine in my van, but I can totally see how someone could have issues with it's size in a small/midsize car. The seat itself isn't that big, but the base is enormous.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC