Pics of the new TFP cover, and DS *pic heavy*

Kaede's_Mom

So long story short. I purchased one of the Cranberry TFP's off of allbebaby when they were on sale last month. While DS was in the NICU we needed a seat for DD in every car she would be in since we would not always be around to instal for grandparents when they had her (this seat was bought for him to use). So I put the new TFP in our Navigator for her to use FF (she is 3 1/2 and 35lbs) and put her frontier in my dad's truck. The second day she rode in it DH was rear-ended on the highway :thumbsdown:. Everyone was fine and there is only about $1,500 worth of damage to the Navigator, he was hit by an Acura. So I got to replace it, and got the new Retro Geo Black TFP.

DOM: 11-24-09 (you would think it would be newer since they just released this cover :rolleyes:)

Close up of the infant insert. With out the insert it is just gray scratchy material, thinking I will use the cranberry cover once we are to the point of removing the infant insert. The piping around the outside of the seat on the black also has this pattern on it.
DSC_0708.jpg

DS in it. I had to take out the pillow part because it pushed his big ole head really far forward. He is one month old and almost 12lbs. Has a really short torso. I also had to remove the strap covers as they are too long to allow the chest clip proper placement.
DSC_0711.jpg

Chest clip looks huge on him
DSC_0715.jpg

Straps are right at his shoulders, cover moved out of the way to check
DSC_0713.jpg

I am concerned about this. The straps are super wide on his tinny shoulders. Where my finger ends is where his shoulders end and I am concerned about it slipping off.
DSC_0714.jpg

DD wanted in on the action too :) 3 1/2 years old, 35lbs and at last check 5 months ago a 15 inch torso.
DSC_0718.jpg

And just for fun :D DS's car seat test in the NICU. Combi Centry from 06. Yes these were part of the recall, but the recall parts are on it. I was not impressed with their person who does the tests, she was not certified and thought a convertible was a car bed :rolleyes:, and she tried to tell me the straps were too tight on him when I could still pinch slack! It is sitting in one of those mesh car seat holders, and I raised hell when she didn't strap the seat to it and that it has a huge hole in the bottom of the mesh. Safe kids coordinator never came to talk to me after I asked to speak with her.
DSCF0314.jpg

And finally going home at a month old :love:
DSCF0318.jpg

ADS

Spam

:love: those cheeks! That's a cute print, a little boring, but still cute. A fits the tf the same as your dd, but she's got legs. His torso measured 15" last week :eek: and he's about 33lbs and only 20 months.

Kaede's_Mom

Thanks Ladies!
You know your kids has chubby cheeks when the Dr looks at him and says "my, you win the chin award. I think you have more chins then any other newborn"

His name is Japanese, I gave in and let DH have his way. He wanted a Japanese name for DS since DD has one :rolleyes:. I at least got pick of the middle name.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
I like the cover!!! I want a new cover now that I am having to keep mine.

When I got my replacement last month, it had a DOM of late December 09.

mish

Aww look at the chunky baby! I hope we can have a car seat playdate soon so I can meet him in person.

myliljunebugs

Awww he is seriously adorable! Does Kaede have a long torso or Ella a short one? She is in the top slots of the Radian but even with/just a hair below the next to top. So about 15.5 or 16 inch torso? I think she is 43 inches tall now....

Kaede's_Mom

I like the cover!!! I want a new cover now that I am having to keep mine.

When I got my replacement last month, it had a DOM of late December 09.
I love the newborn insert, just don't like the grey under it. Sounds like most of the DOM's are in late 09. At least this one has a 7 year life span.

Aww look at the chunky baby! I hope we can have a car seat playdate soon so I can meet him in person.
We totaly need to have another one! Once there is no more snow for good :rolleyes: and it dries out...oh wait it is OK, it never dries out till August haha.

Awww he is seriously adorable! Does Kaede have a long torso or Ella a short one? She is in the top slots of the Radian but even with/just a hair below the next to top. So about 15.5 or 16 inch torso? I think she is 43 inches tall now....
She has a monster torso, always has. She came home almost on the third slot of the Combi, he came home on the second. She just had a major growth spurt last month too, I need to remeasure her I swear she grew like 3 inches since I measured her last.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC