When should i move DS to the regent?

when to give DS the regent?

• at the same time as DD gets the turbo (her b-day)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • a few days/week after his sisters birthday

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • for DS's Birthday (june)

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • other/clicky box

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

ginny4

My DD is getting a new girly turbo for her 6th birthday present. i know some think that is weird but hey i know she'll love it. she's been asking for a girly booster for awhile.

so with that her regent is being passed down to her brother who will be 4yo in June. he currently rides in a FPSVD & is reaching the max. tho i think he should make til 4yo.

the really (un)important :p question is.....should i give it to him the same day as his sister's birthday, wait a few days OR wait til his birthday & give it to him as part of his present too? i'm not sure what his reaction would be to a "new" carseat (i have a different cover for him). he loves his cowmoo cover right now & well the regent is not a cow. tho i can put the cowmoo shoulder pads on w/onyx cover to maybe help with transition. i actually have a sahara cover too & can let him choose which one he wants. the cow pads would not look very good with the sahara WDYT?

ADS

Midwife@heart

I would wait a few days unless he asks for it the same day. I would not wait until his birthday because it is too far away for me lol

BellesMom

My DD is getting a new girly turbo for her 6th birthday present. i know some think that is weird but hey i know she'll love it. she's been asking for a girly booster for awhile.

I just wanted to add I don't think it's weird at all. ;) My dd has been begging for a pink booster for some time and would love to unwrap one on her birthday! Problem is, she's only turning 5 and I don't think she's ready for a HBB. I'm hoping the pink Frontier with its cupholders and arm-rests will stop her from begging to use a seat belt like all her friends do.

Melissa

Kat_Momof3

I don't think it's weird at all... what I'd do would depend on the kids...

I'd either give both kids new seats on the birthday.... let her share some of the attention... or, when she unwraps her booster, have her tell her brother... "Hey... I'll give you the seat I was using!... and then (unless the cover is girly), I'd give him the new cover for his birthday or (if the cover is girly) give him the cover...

then, when you put the booster in the car the next day, you can also switch out the covers on the Regent.

ginny4

i must be among the right crowd.... that doesn't think i'm weird cause my family sure does think i am. tho i'm usually very practical with gifts anyway. its absolutely driving me crazy not to give my DD her turbo yet. i've had it for a few weeks just waiting to be loved.

i have 3 covers for the regent. LOL madison that DD is using, onyx & sahara. so i'll definitly be changing the cover before DS will get it. i think i want to give him a choice tho. i don't think i can wait to give him his "new"seat til his birthday but i don't want to take away from my DDs special day. she knows that he will get the seat she has eventually so she might LOVE to tell her brother the good news after she gets her new one. i think we'll play it by ear.....see how the day goes.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC