Got our Maestro today!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
And I have to say, you simply can NOT beat this seat for the price. You just can't! My stbas is 2yrs 9mo and is on the top slots of his DC. In the Maestro...he's on the 2nd slots. He's got 2 more slots to go!

And the kicker is...DOM 1/10...good through 12/17!!! :eek::D

I just ordered a 2nd one. LOL We may end up with 4 of these in our secondary vehicles!

ADS

armywife12

YAY for the Maestro!!! I agree, you can't go wrong with the seat at that price. We loved our Maestro and are going to miss using it (was in a crash and replaced with a Nautilus). It was one of the easiest seats to install and it fit my 30 month old so well. He was slightly over the second slots so he was using the third slots and still had tons of growing room. Evenflo did a heck of a job with this one!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I got a rock solid install in dh's truck in about 10 seconds. I knew after it came in that I'd have to get a 2nd one for our other twin, even though he doesn't need the tall harness heights...or the extra weight limit...they would still fight over the cool seat w/cupholders! LOL And in dh's truck, there are no cupholders, so this is a nice feature! We will be taking a 6hr trip next month in the truck, so we will get to thoroughly test them out then!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I can double check it, but I'm 99.9% sure it said 'do not use after Dec 2017' stamped at the bottom of the seat!

stephcali

It has a 50lb limit, right? I've been debating getting one for my DD1 as a back up since she is getting close to outgrowing the Marathon height wise. But since she was 44lbs at the doctor last week I'm wondering if it would even be worth it (unless I'm remembering the weight limit incorrectly). I'm thinking we'll just have to not have a back up seat for her since I'm going to move DD2 to our Radian soon since she is getting closer to the RF limit on the Marathon (33lbs).

Car seats are so complicated when you have big kids!

veggiegirl228

I'd love to get this seat if it had a higher weight limit (DD weighed 40 lbs last week at the Doc office) but I agree a great seat for the price.

o_mom

Did yours have a sticker on the box with new booster limits on it?

I got mine yesterday and there was a sticker on the box with 40-100 lbs for booster over the printed on the box 30-100lbs.

xxluckychicxx

We need to get together so that I can play with it :p I really need to get a spare seat for J, we are down to just one seat for each kid and it is NOT working.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I didn't look at the box! LOL But the manual does have a 40lbs requirement for booster mode!!

Sarah...anytime! I still want to see your baby girl clothes too! Hmmm....need to find out if hubby has to work this weekend. If he does, I'd be free Saturday morning! ;)

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
BTW, I had to use the Maestro this morning since one of the twins' seat was FULL of crushed cereal. :( It was faster to put the Maestro in, then clean out the seat when you are already late. He LOVED it, and fit really well. I LOVE the SIP. His whole body seemed better protected in it. It's how I imagine the Frontier will fit them too.

Now the real test will be....will they get head slump.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC