Interview with a Graco fashion designer

ADS

crunchierthanthou

hmm. is it just me, or is that link not working anymore? I guess we broke it. :p

Here's the text, anyway (thank you, google reader...)

An Inside Look at Fashion at Graco
by Kelly Voelker
**Thanks to Jessica DiGirolamo, Channel Manager at Graco for this post!

Anyone who knows me will tell you that it is no secret how much I love all things fashion related… and I am certainly not ashamed to admit it! There is something so great about the search for the perfect item to reflect and highlight your personality. The same thing can be said about finding the best pattern or print for baby gear that reflects you and your little one.

Ever wonder how Graco stays ahead of the trends and helps you nest and connect in style? Our very own fashion designer, Deanna Wagner tells all below!

When did you know you wanted to work in fashion?
Actually, my degree is a BFA in Art & Design, so I hadn’t thought much about working in the fashion industry. But I knew I wanted to do something creative and sustainable, as well as rewarding in my career. Working in fashion has filled both of those desires!

How long have you been working in fashion?
I have been working in fashion for 6 years now and I really enjoy it – more than I realized I would. In this position here at Graco, it is fantastic to see my designs being used in every day life and knowing that my art is a part of a great product.

What inspires you?
Of course shopping the retail stores, looking at fabrics and following trends inspire me, but also (probably because of my art background) I get a lot of inspiration from every day life. Sometimes it can be an ad in a magazine, other times it is a neat architectural building and quite often it’s a person’s fashion I see on the street.

What is your favorite Graco fashion?
This is a hard question to answer! We have had so many fantastic fashions over the years! I am not sure I can pick just one, so I will give you a couple. I love Pagoda which is a fashion we have at Target. I also am really fond of Deco, which has been in BRU for some time now, and Zarafa which can be found in our Specialty line.

What is your favorite trend going into 2011?
Well anyone that knows me can tell you that I am a big fan of GREEN! It is by far my favorite color (even though I love all colors) and I am excited at the depth of shades that are on trend for 2010 & into 2011. Paired back with Black & White it looks fantastic and you will be definitely seeing this look in our new lines.”

and the picture of the designer from the post - http://blog.gracobaby.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/DeannaAtWork.jpg

see any cute fabrics behind her? :p

crunchierthanthou

yeah, it worked again a minute later. :eek: I swear it was down when I posted that. I even tried another browser. I just wanted to see what people were saying.

April

Just commented as well. There are SO MANY comments on the boring GN covers, lol. If they don't listen to this, they won't listen to anything! I bet you before the end of 2010 we get a good boy cover out of this. They'd be crazy not to make one after that many comments.

KissyHallman

What a great way to make your voice heard;) I left a comment as well. I have FOUR boys, and I love carseats and I always feel left out!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC