In Search Of ISO White noise machine

ADS

monstah

Do you have a laptop?

www.simplynoise.com

Thanks! I used that a lot when the kids were babies and would only sleep while being held. I would leave it playing in the backround while surfing the web. :thumbsup:

We've been using this one since DD1 was born. I love it. The volume does go pretty loud, and it has quite a few different white noises to choose from (or you can chose the "random" mode, or combine noises).

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2401840

Did you want to sell it? :)

I have THIS Conair one in black if you want it.

I can check shipping, you can have it for like $8?

I think I need to pass on that one but thank you! I need it to play all night long.

Right now I use the fan part of a humidifier but it sounds like its on its last leg.

Maggie

Sorry, I don't have one for sale, but I do have a recommendation.

I have this Homedics and I can't say enough good things about it.

Love, love, love it.

It plays 3 nature sounds, hearbeat, rain and ocean. And 3 lullaby songs.

You can set a timer to shut off, or have it play all night. I love that it plays all night.

It also has a projector with 3 different slides that play on the ceiling or wall (the projector moves so you can point it wherever you want.)

We love it so much!

ETA: It's also really small, and easy to bring with when we travel.

ETA2: It goes pretty loud, loud enough to let DD3 sleep through her 2 sisters constant screaming. :p

Last edited:

Maggie

Ok, just because I'm a huge geek :p I took a quick video of it with my phone.

The first setting is the heartbeat, not real great IMO, then ocean and then rain. I only have the volume about 1/2 way up and it the sound isn't great because it's on my phone. It's much louder in person.

We like the rain. It's a steady noise vs the ocean with the waves that come and go.

Video

Last edited:

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Did you want to sell it? :)

Oops, I didn't realize I was posting in swap (rather than just shopping). :eek: DH/DD1/DD2 would kill me if I sold it. We literally have it running ALL the time. It's a great noise machine, though, and I highly recommend it if you can find one used or can afford a new one.

mom2juliarose

Sorry, I don't have one for sale, but I do have a recommendation.

I have this Homedics and I can't say enough good things about it.

Love, love, love it.

It plays 3 nature sounds, hearbeat, rain and ocean. And 3 lullaby songs.

You can set a timer to shut off, or have it play all night. I love that it plays all night.

I have 2 friends with babies who swear by this... they call it the "baby crack machine."

Maggie

Even my big girls like it. They each have one in their rooms. They have the music playing vs the white noise. The projector is also really cool and they love watching it as they fall asleep.

I did have one that had a faulty volume control, but Homedics replaced it free of charge and paid shipping.

monstah

The machine Maggie linked to dropped to $19.99 on Amazon & I have a Prime membership so shipping was free. :cool!: Thanks for the recs!

And thanks for the offer Chrissy. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC