My dilemma

msg221

I currently have two Britax Advocate CS seats in my car. The majority of the time I have my twin 21 month-old godchildren riding (rear facing of course! :) )in them. I have had these seats for about 4 months. Recently I have had a horrible time getting the harness tightened. I posted in another forum about this problem. The Click and Safe feature is useless; it clicks way before the harness is even remotely snug. My stepdaughter has had the same problem with her son's seat. There have been times that I have fought with it for 10 minutes or more trying to get it snug enough. I read some suggestions in those other posts and so far, nothing is working. I love these seats otherwise. I read one poster's comment who said that after calling Britax, they had offered to send a new seat. If it comes down this for me, I have considered getting new seats. I really like the Radian XTSL. This is where my dilemma comes in. Since I also babysit my two stepdaughter's children on occassion, (a 19 month old, and 8 month-old twins.) I really appreciated the ease of adjusting the headrest and harness height on the Advocate without rethreading the straps. If I wind up with the Radians, then I will have to rethread the harness straps each time I have a different baby in there. I also thought about the True Fit since they are no thread harnesses, but was wondering how easy they are to install? Or should I just see if Britax will replace the two seats I have and hope that they don't have the same problem?

ADS

Maedze

What are the sizes of the children?

Unless they are quite large for their age (i.e., close to 35 pounds), I think the True Fit would be the best bet for you due to the ease of adjusting the harness for multiple riders.

Maedze

(FYI, the True Fits have a taller shell, making them last longer rear facing, and more leg room, making them more comfortable for rear facing toddlers/preschoolers.)

msg221

My goddaughter is 21.7 pounds (very tiny for her age; at 21 months, she still fits in size 12 month clothes!); my godson is 25.2 pounds; my 19 month old grandson is around 23 pounds, my granddaughter is 20 pounds and her twin brother is about 18 pounds. I don't know how tall they all are, but none of them are overly tall for their age.

I will be going out to my car on my lunch hour and getting the serial numbers off the seats and then calling Britax to see what they say. I just know that if I have to struggle with tightening the harness on these seats again, I am going to be ready to pitch them in the garbage! I will likely have my god children with me this weekend and am not looking forward to fighting with the harness again!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC