maximum height for coccoro...

ADS

Maedze

For rear facing, the maximum height is 1" of shell above the top of the head. For forward facing, it's when the shoulders reach the top slots or when the tops of the ears go over the top of the shell, whichever comes first.

Never mind I found it...do you think I could get 2 years rfing with this. My 2nd dd is just now about 34lbs and nowhere near 40 inches...she'll be three in a three months...my next is due in April and is a boy, is this possible do you think?

Laurette

The top harness height is just at/under 15 inches. The Manual says it is for children under 40 inches tall but the guidelines in the previous post are correct. Height limits are just an estimate and are only put there becuase they are required by law.

Laurette

It all depends on how long torsoed you child is. With a boy you migh be pushing it to make it to two and I deffinatly wouldn't reccomend the Coccoro be a child's only rear facing seat. That said, my daughter rides in a Coccoro and will likely make it to 2.5 in it because she is all legs.

Maedze

Never mind I found it...do you think I could get 2 years rfing with this. My 2nd dd is just now about 34lbs and nowhere near 40 inches...she'll be three in a three months...my next is due in April and is a boy, is this possible do you think?

I think it's possible you could get to two rear facing in it, but I wouldn't be shocked or disappointed if it didn't happen, kwim? The overall height of the child is really not the issue.

ChristyH

It really depends on your childs growth pattern and torso height on whether or not you'll make it to 2yrs rear facing.
My 23 month old still rides in her Coccoro rear facing and still has at least 4-5 inches of shell above her head but she's super tiny for her age.

Mom2three

My 38 month old DD is just now to tall for our CCO. I highly doubt that my DS will make it that long, he is already (at 9 months) as big as she was at 18 months. He might possibly make it to 2 though.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm hoping my DD will make it to 2. She has a ridiculously long torso, though. For a normal-sized, normally proportioned kid, it shouldn't be a problem.

Regardless of how long she lasts, though, I love the seat. I'll be sad when she outgrows it, but no regrets.

:crying:

Well I went ahead and ordered it. I got it through diapers.com, with the sale they are having on select cartseats, I got it for $152...so I'm happy about that. I just hope it's easy to install with a radian and a booster.:)

Lenae

How much room would a child who has just out grown the SS1 have? DS is 2 yrs, 3 mos, 24 lbs, 33 inches, with about a 12 inch torso. And a small head, if that matters, lol. He is right at the 1" of shell in the SS1, probably slightly less than an inch really. Would it be a total waste to buy this seat for him? I'm also looking at the MR, if it'll work.

MomToEliEm

How much room would a child who has just out grown the SS1 have? DS is 2 yrs, 3 mos, 24 lbs, 33 inches, with about a 12 inch torso. And a small head, if that matters, lol. He is right at the 1" of shell in the SS1, probably slightly less than an inch really. Would it be a total waste to buy this seat for him? I'm also looking at the MR, if it'll work.

For rearfacing, the SS1 has an internal seating height of 20 in. and the coccoro has an internal seating height of 22 in. That extra 2 inches might give you a few months to a year more use rearfacing. Forward facing it has a top harness height of 15 in. which should last a child with a 12 in torso a fair amount of time (unless your child had a big growth spurt).

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
It is slightly taller than the SS1, but it won't get you nearly as much time as a MyRide. If you want it and realize that you'll need another seat within the year, probably, that's fine. Or if you don't plan on using it rear-facing much longer, that's fine, too. But if you're looking for a longer-lasting option for extended rear-facing, the Coccoro probably isn't it.

Lenae

Just thought of something. Would it last my DS, barring an unnaturally huge growth spurt, long enough to get my DD (2 months) to an acceptable age for a much more upright install? Like between 30-35 degrees?

Mom2three

The Coccoro can be installed upright, because the infant padding makes it reclined within the seat. Does that make sense? I don't think I'm exlpaining it well. I am not a tech, but I do own a CCO and used it with my DS from about a month old with the infant insert. It seems to me I had it installed at the same angle because the insert itself creates the angle when using it.

My DS is 9 months now, but I could probably squish him in with the insert and show you what I mean if you want.

babygirlsmom1005

My short torsod kid fit into the Coccoro at 3 1/2 rear facing (playing with one in the store and really wishing I had taken pics of it)....but she has a serious short torso and would still fit into the Cosco Scerena RF'ing if she wasn't now 36 lbs

armywife12

It will probably fit most children RF to at least 2 yrs old and FF to at least 3 yrs old. I don't think it's much different than the Scenera as far as top slots go. I tried my son in the Coccoro (30 months old) when he was about 26 months old and he was too big to RF in the seat. His head was over the shell by a little bit. He probably would have outgrown the seat RF around 20 months old or so. He was about half an inch under the top slots as well so he would have outgrown the seat FF by now. This was while it was sitting on the floor in the store so, with the seat installed, he might have had less room in the seat.

Despite my long torsoed tot, I still plan on getting it when we have another baby with the hopes that I'll have a small torsoed little girl :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC