Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    littleKauKau

Radian Headwings slipping down?!

I am trialling a radian on my 4 year old, but am encountering a problem with the headwings. I have tried 2 radians, both have the exact same problem.

In order to expose the top harness slots, which I need for my tall-ish 4 year old, I have to move the headwings all the way up.

No problem, easily done. BUT once I have moved the headwings all the way up, the headwings start to slip down (within a minute or so) about half an inch. Once slipped down, the harness straps are now under the headwings partially, which makes me very nervous about the straps pulling the headwings into the back of my son's head in a crash. It also means I can't tighten or loosen the straps any more until the headwings are pushed back to the top of their path.

Has anyone else noticed this problem with the headwings at the top of the seat? Is there a way to tighten them so the don't slip down?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Unregistered

Re: Radian Headwings slipping down?!

Bumping this - really hope someone might have some experience with this?

CPS Technician JerseyGirl'sMama's Avatar

I have the same problem with my Radian XTSL. I don't see a way to fix it either.
    DD 5.5yrs, FF in a Recaro ProSPORT
    DS 2.75yrs, RF in a Peg Primo Viaggio

Doofenshmirtz Evil Inc.

The same thing happens with mine and I talked to Russ and he said it's completely safe and not a problem at all. That covering the straps an inch or so isn't going to make a difference.

Carseat Crazy

I have this same problem with one of my XTs (it is the only one I have used in the top spot).

I talked to Russ (no help) and he said to tighten the screws on the back a tiny bit because they may have not been tightened enough. I have tried that ... many times. Every morning when I go out to get DS1 in the car for school I have to slide the headwings up. It is very annoying and I don't feel it is okay.
    Diana, Mommy To:
    Kolin [5.5.04]-Ava [12.13.05]-Aden [2.18.09]

7. Thank You from:

Unregistered

bumping - anyone else having this problem? Any solutions? I too have tightened the bolts but it hasn't helped.

Desperate to find a solution!