Anyone know when Hipmonkey is shipping the Frontier 85?

AwwMama

I just looked at my online statement and I was charged the day I placed the order.

That is odd...anytime I order seats online from other retailers, they charge me the day it ships. Wouldn't that affect the length of your warranty with Britax, given they typically cover you one year from the date of purchase?
Unless the DOM is after your purchase date.

ADS

mpk3

I had an issue with Hipmonkey and my XT when I bought it last year. I waited almost 2 months before canceling, with them telling me each week it was coming. They sent me a check and I ended up ordering from Kids-n-Cribs.

This is really disappointing. :thumbsdown:

I wondered if this discount was too good to be true. :(

I think I might cancel my order. We are buying a new car soon and I need to have my carseats to test out in the cars. I don't trust that HipMonkey is going to send out the seats in a timely fashion. What a disappointment. :(

mpk3

I just cancelled my order. Still debating about what to do, where to order from.

I might be doing the same.

I wrote a message of concern to HipMonkey this morning and received this reply just a moment ago. Not sure if I can believe them or not!

Ticket status: New
Department: Sales
Subject: Frontier 85- shipping date

Hi,
These are scheduled to ship to us on 3/19 so we should have them around 3/22-3/23. Let me know if that's ok, sorry for the delay. Thanks!

Sincerely, Hip Monkey

Mommy0608

Hmm, I wonder why they didn't tell me this? Oh well. I can't justify having a charge on my account for something that's not on it's way to me. If they didn't charge until it ships, then I'd have kept my order with them.

mpk3

Hmm, I wonder why they didn't tell me this? Oh well. I can't justify having a charge on my account for something that's not on it's way to me. If they didn't charge until it ships, then I'd have kept my order with them.

Hmm, I don't know. They probably have a few different people answering the messages. Not sure.

I did tell them that it was critical that I get my new seats relatively soon, so I needed to know if I was going to truly receive them in a timely fashion. Otherwise, I needed to take my business elsewhere if necessary. Maybe that's why I got a more detailed response? :confused:

I agree. It's not right to charge an account when a product has not been shipped. That bothers me too.

Mommy0608

I found the seat at Chit Chat Baby for the same price, code BT2010 takes 20% off Britax products. I was skeptical at first because they're the ones who posted the strange Craigslist ad, but someone here said they've ordered from them before, and tons of people on their Facebook page give rave reviews. I asked a question on their FB page about when they'll be shipping, and the response was that they will be getting the seats from Britax on the 17th and shipping that day or the next day. I just placed my order with them.

I feel bad not purchasing from Kids-N-Cribs because they're a sponsor of car-seat.org and I highly respect that, but now that DH knows this seat is available at a lower price I have no choice. He's not too thrilled about purchasing it in the first place. :eek:

mpk3

I found the seat at Chit Chat Baby for the same price, code BT2010 takes 20% off Britax products.

How did you find them? I've been on Google like crazy trying to find another deal like the one from Hip Monkey! :p

ETA: Also, did Hip Monkey credit your card when you cancelled the order, or are they sending you a refund check (like they did for that other person that posted on this thread)?

I just called Chit Chat Baby and was told the same thing- they'll receive the seats on 3/17 and will ship out immediately. She said the only color that might not be available right away is the Rushmore, but expected Rushmore to show up at their warehouse a few days after 3/17 if it indeed does not come with the original shipment.

I liked how you could call and talk to someone. :thumbsup: I'm going to cancel my Hip Monkey order too.

Mommy0608

It appears that they're crediting my card. I got an email saying that they've refunded me, but I haven't checked my statement yet (will soon).

I found them in a roundabout way... I was doing a google search of the Frontier 85 a few weeks ago, and came across a Craigslist ad for the seat for $199. I found it suspicious, so I posted about it here. A few members emailed them for details, and we found out they are an actual store. Ever since, I've been watching their site for sales and also found them on Facebook. They posted the 20% off code on their Facebook page recently. They have links to feedback on various sites such as Amazon and I read through them and they seem to be credible and easy to deal with, so I ordered.

I don't know if they charge right away or not, but I'm okay with it because I was told that my order will be in their shipment on March 17th. At least I have a concrete date, and it's next week. With hipmonkey, they didn't give me an accurate enough estimate. Had they been able to tell me a specific date, I'd have kept my order with them. Also, according to Chit Chat Baby's Facebook page, this is their second shipment of the seats, the first shipment already sold out.

ETA: Glad you were able to get through to someone by phone! That's always a good sign. :) What color(s) are you getting?

mpk3

I don't know if they charge right away or not, but I'm okay with it because I was told that my order will be in their shipment on March 17th.

I just asked them this question and they said they don't charge until they ship the item. :thumbsup:

Also, according to Chit Chat Baby's Facebook page, this is their second shipment of the seats, the first shipment already sold out.

Yes, they told me the same thing. I guess they sold out really quickly. They said that they didn't have Rushmore in their first shipment, but planned to have it in this next shipment...if not a few days later. Apparently Rushmore is the most popular color right now, which surprised me for some reason.

ETA: Glad you were able to get through to someone by phone! That's always a good sign. :) What color(s) are you getting?

Yeah, that's definitely a good sign! We're getting Pink Sky! :love:

ETA: THANK YOU for sharing about Chit Chat Baby and the code!

Mommy0608

Good to know about the fact that they don't charge until shipping. :thumbsup:

I'm glad you were able to benefit from this deal as well. Let's hope nothing goes wrong with our orders between now and the 17th. :p

I ordered Pink Sky too. DD already has the original version in Pink Sky and she LOVES it so much. However, she's got a long torso and a medical reason to stay harnessed as long as possible, so I'm replacing it with the Frontier 85.

bfmarini

I feel bad not purchasing from Kids-N-Cribs because they're a sponsor of car-seat.org and I highly respect that, but now that DH knows this seat is available at a lower price I have no choice. He's not too thrilled about purchasing it in the first place. :eek:

No problem at all! Stay tuned in future. I'm working out a few kinks with our site, but we'll soon have a 20% off coupon for most convertible car seats on our site!

traseeann

No problem at all! Stay tuned in future. I'm working out a few kinks with our site, but we'll soon have a 20% off coupon for most convertible car seats on our site!

Hurry please! I have $ burning a hole in my pocket and my trigger finger is antsy and wants to order LOL! I would much rather order from K-N-C since I know you are reputable :)

CVette

Wow, I can't believe so many people are canceling their HipMonkey order. The proceeds go to a great cause and the seat is a great price at 20% with no shipping or tax. I am still hopeful they will ship the seat in March. I hope I am not the only one sticking with HipMonkey.

my2boys0508

CPS Technician
I plan to order from Hipmonkey in a couple of weeks. I don't need the seat right away, so I'm not placing my order until they are actually in stock. I do see why some are canceling though, since other places are promising shipment sooner. My best friend placed her order with Hipmonkey last week and she plans to keep her order, unless they really slack and don't ship by early April. She was billed already too, but she had the money now so it wasn't a big deal to her. I can't wait to start seeing that people are receiving their seats- regardless of where it was ordered!

Mommy0608

Wow, I can't believe so many people are canceling their HipMonkey order. The proceeds go to a great cause and the seat is a great price at 20% with no shipping or tax. I am still hopeful they will ship the seat in March. I hope I am not the only one sticking with HipMonkey.

Like I said, they couldn't tell me when it would ship, I don't have the money to be paying for something that I don't have (I don't really have the money period, but I'm going to make it work one way or another), and we're going on a cross-country drive in April, so I really want the seat before then so that DD has usable cupholders. I can't listen to her scream and get hit in the head with her thrown cups the whole time. I found the seat for the same price with no tax and shipping charges with a promised delivery date and couldn't turn it down.

I ordered from Hipmonkey because of their cause and price in the first place, I really did want to support them. As a matter of fact, I recently supported them in their raffle. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.

Zmom

Thank you for posting this!

They have Britax cover sets and the code works for them too!

I got a brand new cowmoo blvd cover set for $60 shipped! :-D

I found the seat at Chit Chat Baby for the same price, code BT2010 takes 20% off Britax products. I was skeptical at first because they're the ones who posted the strange Craigslist ad, but someone here said they've ordered from them before, and tons of people on their Facebook page give rave reviews. I asked a question on their FB page about when they'll be shipping, and the response was that they will be getting the seats from Britax on the 17th and shipping that day or the next day. I just placed my order with them.

ZephyrBlue

Chiming in to say that I've ordered from KNC and received my seat VERY quickly, got prompt responses to emails and a great price (with a coupon that was posted here awhile back) I'd recommend them with confidence.

There have been lots of people who were strung along by HipMonkey with the Radian XT, you can read comments on their website. Honestly, I don't have several hundred dollars to give to a company who might or might not ship, and then might or might not return emails, as happened to so many. The cause is great, but some people can't afford to have their money tied up for weeks at a time with no idea when/if their seat is going to ship.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC