Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: Anyone know when Hipmonkey is shipping the Frontier 85?

My original delivery date was 3/24 and is now 3/27. Saturday delivery is expensive - nice that they are making the effort. We'll see if it makes it here in 1-day!
    DD1 - 6 (PINK Frontier 85)
    DD2 - almost 4 (Boulevard CS)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

I just placed my order for a Frontier 85 and 86-y harness...let's see how long this takes!
    Sara, CPST & mother of two
    Daniel~ 11/28/05 -54lbs. GN & FR85
    Dominic~ 4/10/08 -27lbs. RF in a MR65

Got the new Frontier 85 from HipMonkey about an hour ago! Installed with LBP! (My daughter is over LATCH limits.) Yay! She is fired up about the cup holders
    DD1 - 6 (PINK Frontier 85)
    DD2 - almost 4 (Boulevard CS)

Got mine this morning It installed easily with Latch in my 2005 Chrysler Pacifica. Dd really likes it!

We got ours Saturday too! Installed with short belt path in DH's truck ('01 GMC Sierra Ext. Cab) and my van ('08 Grand Caravan) with no problems! She LOVES it!
    Suzi ~ CPST
    Emmit - 3.19.04 Sunshine Kids Monterey
    Evangeline "Evie" - 2.28.06 Britax Frontier 85/Marathon (ERF for 2y4m11d)
    Emory Wyatt- 1.22.09 - Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL/Radian 65
    Mattie - 7.28.00 - 65 lb Golden Retriever, PetBuckle

Carseat Crazy

if you're waiting for a Frontier 85 from hipmonkey, there's going to be a 2+ week wait before they ship. Would have been nice to know.
    Michelle, mom to Chase 8y/o, Connor 6.75y/o, Gracie 2.5y/o & Ava 7mo

I picked ours up at Fed Ex today (I didn't want to wait around for the delivery guy to come to the house so had FedEx hold it at their place).

My girls are thrilled!
    +~+~ Rhonda ~+~+
    DD Serena- 6 1/2yrs, Britax Frontier 85-harnessed
    DD Eden
    - 4 1/2yrs, Britax Frontier 85-harnessed

Ours arrived today!! Ordered 3/18, original est. delivery date 3/24, rescheduled and actual date 3/30.

It was a little tricky to install, but now I think either long belt path or LATCH work equally well in our '06 Prius. At 6y/ almost 40 lbs/43 inches, DD still has two more slots on the headrest, and two more slots on the seat/crotch buckle. She is thrilled with her pink seat!

Ours came today and we got a rock solid install using SBP in a 95 volvo 850. The install was WAY easier than I thought it would be. The only obstacle was trying to maneuver in our tiny back seat but that's a problem with any caarseat in our car. I'm already in love with it so hopefully DS is too.

Eep. Just looked up Hipmonkey today so I could send the link to a friend expecting their first, and this was the message I saw (below). Anyone know anything more about this? Makes me sad, we are happy with our Frontier 85 we got from them. I hope no one else is caught up with this issue and I hope they resolve things soon!

[message when I went to http://www.hipmonkey.com/]

NOTICE TO CUSTOMERS

Our payment processor, CAPITAL PAYMENT SOLUTIONS is wrongfully withholding our money and has not deposited any money from sales into our bank account since mid-April. We are being forced to shut the business down because we cannot pay our bills since CAPITAL PAYMENT SOLUTIONS has stolen our money and refuses to release it. I am fighting with them every day to release our funds and if you would like to express your displeasure at their crooked operation and how they are effectively destroying a mom-owned and operated business that was created to help children in need, please feel free to contact them directly:

Michael Fasulo
    Capital Payments LLC
    225 Broadhollow Road
    Melville, NY 11747
    Phone: 631-719-8660 ext.23
    E-Fax: 888-857-9844
    mfasulo@capitalpayments.com

Senior Community Member seamonkeys's Avatar

This is awful!

And looks like I canceled my order just in time - got my refund - on April 12th!